Subject: Gaming in Amsterdam rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ari Kennedy
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
My boyfriend and I would like to play some English games in Amsterdam or the surrounding areas. If you have any interest, send me a message.

We live right in the center of Amsterdam, can host games, and own several games. We're also happy to travel to someone else's place or to play other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/514297/gaming-in-amsterdam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
zohara3 wrote:
My boyfriend and I would like to play some English games in Amsterdam or the surrounding areas. If you have any interest, send me a message.

We live right in the center of Amsterdam, can host games, and own several games. We're also happy to travel to someone else's place or to play other games.

Shame, used to live in the centre of Amsterdam (near Waterlooplein), now I live in Benthuizen and am always up to finding new opponents, so the question is, how far are you willing to travel???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
There are lots of opponents living a lot closer to Amsterdam than you are, Alysa. Me, for starters: 7 minutes by train, 5 minutes on foot. Benthuizen is pretty much a backwater—and I'm allowed to say that given that I've lived for about 10 years near the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
cymric wrote:
There are lots of opponents living a lot closer to Amsterdam than you are, Alysa. Me, for starters: 7 minutes by train, 5 minutes on foot. Benthuizen is pretty much a backwater—and I'm allowed to say that given that I've lived for about 10 years near the place.

Tsk, backwater! Yes, it's a small town, difficult to reach by public transport also... And yes, it's quite far compared to Amsterdam itself, I was just hoping to find more opponents myself

Kinda curious, where did you live Maarten? Zoetermeer? Or one of the small towns near it???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Aenea wrote:
Yes, it's a small town, difficult to reach by public transport also... And yes, it's quite far compared to Amsterdam itself, I was just hoping to find more opponents myself

But the question of the OP was about playing games in Amsterdam or the city's vicinity. Benthuizen certainly isn't, as it's 90 minutes away by public transport (and about 45 by car). Forgive me for saying so, but they way you've responded previously makes you appear more eager to find an opponent for yourself than you are in aiding Ari. I admit there's a combination there, but still.

Quote:
Kinda curious, where did you live Maarten? Zoetermeer? Or one of the small towns near it???

Zoetermeer, the outskirts. Later on my parents moved for a while to a true backwater (as far as is possible in this crowded spot on Earth) called Kruisweg (lit. Crossway), which is, literally, a crossroads of two small little-known provincial roads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
cymric wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Yes, it's a small town, difficult to reach by public transport also... And yes, it's quite far compared to Amsterdam itself, I was just hoping to find more opponents myself

But the question of the OP was about playing games in Amsterdam or the city's vicinity. Benthuizen certainly isn't, as it's 90 minutes away by public transport (and about 45 by car). Forgive me for saying so, but they way you've responded previously makes you appear more eager to find an opponent for yourself than you are in aiding Ari. I admit there's a combination there, but still.

Yes, I admit I am also looking for opponents, I kinda think everyone who is going to reply is, otherwise they won't reply I presume
Hey, thing is, there are plenty of gamers out there, but are they looking for new opponents and/or are they willing to game in English? I didn't expect Ari & SO to add me to their list soon but thought I might be a backup if they can't find (m)any others...

cymric wrote:
Quote:

Zoetermeer, the outskirts. Later on my parents moved for a while to a true backwater (as far as is possible in this crowded spot on Earth) called Kruisweg (lit. Crossway), which is, literally, a crossroads of two small little-known provincial roads.

Ahh, then you probably lived next to Benthuizen then or it must have been on the other side of Zoetermeer ofcourse! I don't know Kruisweg though, is that just a streetname in Zoetermeer or a small town??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Aenea wrote:
Ahh, then you probably lived next to Benthuizen then or it must have been on the other side of Zoetermeer ofcourse! I don't know Kruisweg though, is that just a streetname in Zoetermeer or a small town??

Streetname as well as name of the hamlet. It lies to the east-south-east of Zoetermeer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Kennedy
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmb
We probably wouldn't travel that far for a regular thing, but we have plans to explore much more of the Netherlands than we have so far. So a gaming night in the future isn't out of the question. Traveling with games is easy enough Also, if you ever head this way, hit me up and we will definitely play some games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Amsterdam is still ok for me, always open for opportunities
What kind of games ?

cheers, Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Piolon
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya,

I'm always up for some boardgaming in Amsterdam. Dominion, Caylus, Cosmic Encounters, Carcassonne, stuff like that. Drop me a line!

-- Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
Woohoo, an overtext!
badge
Woohoo, a second overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think Utrecht is quite close to Amsterdam. Takes me less than half an hour (outside of rush hour).

So I'm up for a game if you want. Any affordable parking spaces near you? Or a metro station?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for games as well. THough it would have to be at my house at the moment because I cannot leave because of problems with my nerves in my spine.

I love in Buitenveldert (next to van Nijenrodeweg.)
If Anybody is interested send me a geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.