Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CoHo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

I've got a few questions, i've only managed to find answers to a couple of them on the forums. Here they are :)

1. When unit A on L2 height looks down on unit B on L0 height two hexes behind woods, A can see B but can B see A despite having LOS blocking woods on the same level and inbetween? Surely if one can see a unit, vice versa is true too?

2. Can you hide as an opportunity action? (I assume so as it's just an action but just confirming this)

3. Can a hidden unit in +1 terrain, but within enemy LOS, move to an adjacent +1 terrain (also in enemy LOS) and still remain hidden?

4. How are CAPs allocated when playing 3 players? Are the caps split so the caps for one player on one side is divided between the two players (if playing 3 player on 2 player)? And are the caps for two players when playing with one player combined (eg 10 caps for S1 and S2 gives 20 caps for the one player)? Or perhaps are the caps only allocated on a per battlion/group basis, so S1s units get 10 caps, S2s units get the other 10?

Thanks in advance! Love the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Pawlus
Poland
Piaseczno
Masovia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the situation you describe they wouldn't see each other since woods have a height of L1 and thus block the LOS both ways. See blind spots in the manual.
2. Yes. Providing it applies to the general hiding rules.
3.Yes, hidden units in areas providing cover are not revealed until an enemy unit moves into them directly.
4.The scenario would usually specify this saying the ammount of CAPs each player gets. Read scenarios thoroughly, such info is sometimes well hidden between the lines.
Hope it helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Limburgerhof
flag msg tools
Designing game modules for the Zuntzu online gaming platform
badge
The Art of War
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sorry, but Wojciech's answer is wrong here. Your question addresses "11.3 Elevation and LOS" and "11.4 Blind Spots" in the rule book. There you can read, that woods standing on ground level create a blind spot only directly behind them, but not in 2 hex distance against observers from lvl 2 and higher. So in your example A can see B, and viceversa. LOS is always in both directions, so if one unit can see the other, the same is true for the reverse direction.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. I understand that you are playing a 4-player-firefight with 3 players. In this case, the designer wrote to a similar question back in this forum that one of the players plays with two track sheets, and needs to keep CAPs and units separate from each other. So, one player takes the role of two players and plays them out separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CoHo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the response jl vb!

That answers my questions. However I'm still unsure what to do when there are two players playing as one player (dividing ownership of the units) regarding CAPs. I assume the CAPs are split between the two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Coran, you can decide this yourself, but we play it that the CAPs are shared. Nothing like a little bickering and arguing between friends to see who gets what! If you do split them, you would want to halve the CAPs and round up. The firefights are designed to allow a certain amount of actions to take place with the supplied units and if you divide the limited CAPs resource, both players may come up short. So always round up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Pawlus
Poland
Piaseczno
Masovia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I was wrong about the first one. Just realised that after writing butwnted someone to verifty me.
Anyway I still don't get your CAPs concerns guys. Take a look at FF6 where it says exactly the ammount of CAPs per each track sheet. Even if you play it in 3 or 2 players there are still technically 4. So...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means that if 3 players want to play a 2 player game, how should they go about it if they want to have their own track sheets. That is where they may need one more CAP per player to keep the game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Pawlus
Poland
Piaseczno
Masovia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awww right. That makes more sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.