Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the one section of the rulebook that I think is not completely clear:

Player 1 places one card from his hand into the Courtyard, and then the player to his left immediately takes his turn.

In other words, Player 1 won't have an opportunity to make a selection (and drop out of the round) before all other players have played.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Correct.

All players will end up taking one card from hand and one from courtyard. The first player on the first round cannot do this as there is nothing in the courtyard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.

Although, slightly different in the two-player game where each player has the chance to add one from the deck before they play one.

In this fashion, in the 2-player game only, the first player can take a pair on his first turn.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris doonan
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So does that mean the first player only plays 1 card in there play area or do they play 2 card from there hand into there play area? Then discard the rest in to the courtyard? Or are you supposed to keep the the left over cards in your hand, and the the next card phase draw back you to 4 cards?

Sorry to jack someones else's question thread, but it goes with the first one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Walker
Canada
Fredericton
New-Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't know if I completly understand your question... but just to clarifie... if you decide durning the card phase to put a card in the courtyard, the play just passes to the player on your left. Eventualy it will be your turn again a nd you can decide to put an other card in the courtyard and wait your turn again or to play your two cards (One from courtyard and one from your hand). Only once you've played your two card you discard the rest of your cards in the courtyard and you wait till every player has played there two cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.