tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey All,

My friend Bo really wanted a 1,000 pts so he could get his synergy on, and I thought it would be a long battle but went for it anyways. Bo wanted to limit it to 5 squads and I said fine, but I thought he meant 5 of 1 type of common squad and we could have more then 5 squads in total? I picked a army with Kato and lots of Ninjas, raelin, and way to Many Ashigaro´s - both types of course. Then I realize I picked wrong and got another army going this time I went

S-B-N
4 hounds
Tul-Bak-Ra
Kee-Mo-She
N-G-S
& marro warriors for some range

Bo went with

The Hive
3 stingers
Chompy
Krug
Q-9
Raelin
Isumi warriors
and tagawa Samari´s

OK, so his army really sucked, but he took about 40 minutes to make it and I told him to get more stingers but he said he would not need them? I really thought of telling him why he has basically no synergy , but did not want to wait 40 minutes for the next army creation of his so on we went.

He had no clue how devastating the Hounds plague can be, but he was about to find out. He moved Raelin out and so did I, then he brought the samari and I brought the hounds. My hounds got engaged early and did take down 1 samari with the plague. He attacked a bunch but could not get by 7 defense. He then brought out the stingers and thought the row of samari´s would protect him. I would not attack the samari and left it up to the plague to do its dirty work. I got his samari´s down to 2 guys per squad to make sure they where not going to bother me. I concentrated on Raelin and took here down pretty quickly. He brought out Chompy but had no clue my hounds where large an immune to his chomp and I had them positioned so Chompy had to engage them and by the time he was ready to get by and chomp some small guys I had him at 4 wounds and he chose not to disengage since it might cost him his life - didn´t matter he went down to the plague next turn. Krug was the only Good part of Bo´s army. When My hounds went at the stingers they could not engage them with out engaging Krug at height. I passed on attacking him the first time, but after he got wounded from the plague I started to attack him also when there was no stingers to attack. I had him wounded to 4 but then had to keep a hound in front of him or have him go after raelin, I lost a lot of hounds to that big guy, and he still ended up killing my raelin, 2 attacks of 9 took her down I tell you.

I had picked TBR to summon the hounds when he got attacked, but they are not marro, so I thought well I can summon my warlord and the withclord, but again I read the card wrong and only squads get summoned, I was not worried and started to bring the marro warriors out, this turned out to be great as I had the hounds block up the lanes and the warriors started to attack, Chompy did get to eat one before he died, but I ran the others away and after losing 2 of them I jumped them in the water and got the 2 dead warriors back. I thought Q-9 was going to give me some problems, but he went down pretty easy. I had hounds tie him up so he had to shoot at them and they actually did wound him with their regular attack, then the TBR at height got him down to 1 life,and then next turn he turned the big robot off for the rest of the game, at this point Bo realised his army had no synergy.

So it was a easy win, and a lot faster then I thought, the best part was he came back 2 days later, said he could not sleep after such a bad defeat and would pick a much better army this time, he he

Game On´
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

Great report. You're just plain evil. thumbsup

Jim
Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jim,

My friends have always hated the Hounds, I just wish they could be worked into a Tourney army, but with only 24 spaces to work with, it is very tough. thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for another fun read Tom!

I play Heroscape (and other games) with the kids at work, and try to balance giving advice on army building and tactical choices with letting them make, and hopefully learn from, their own mistakes...
I try not to play too hard, but I will punish a stupid decission! (especially if I´ve advised against it, and the snotnosed brat goes his own willfull way anyhow...devil )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey JT,

I am with you. I try and explain that I can help build a really good army, but he would not have any of that, he actually really enjoys the making of the army part, he just does not know scape like I do. I also try and explain that I am really good at this game so he will be losing a lot cause I am not pulling any punches, but he still takes the loss way to serious if you ask me.

oh yea, thanks for all the thumbs guys, HS is truly loved cause my other session reports never get this many thumbs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.