Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I know of working with inter-relational databases (not online), every record, when created, receives a "creation" date (and a "modified" date when it's modified). As every record in BGG has a unique key/ID, I'm assuming that each also has a creation date & modified date.

Is there any way - within our respective collections/wishlist - to view the date we created the record? Effectively when we actually said, "I own this" or "I want this"

That would be an enormous help (especially for those of us with larger collections) - I already have about four tasks that would be significantly easier by virtue of that.

All I'd need is the option to display the creation date as a column on the collection viewer. Or, is it included in the export collection tool? (that would be fine, as well!)

Thanks for anyone who knows how to access this info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see a listing by "date I clicked the 'own' flag." Sadly, that's not always the same date I added the record. Back in the day, when you could just go down the list rating games you'd played, that probably created the record (with your rating on it). You may or may not have listed it as "owned" and, in fact, may not have owned it until years later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy,

From what I know about (offline) databases, that would be hard to deliver *unless* the database had been set up that way initially.

For example, in Filemaker, I have a "creation" date and a "modified" date - the first is when the record is created; and the second is the last time the record was updated.

Unless I had set it up that way, there's no way to tell when a particular field was modified (although, I could set that up).

But, here, I'd prefer to just see when the record, in my collection, was created....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.