United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
The more savvy BGG'ers who are in L.A. don't run the Math Trades, and the L.A. gamers who run the Math Trades are crap at promoting them.

It was advertised in a couple of the Yahoo Groups (you should sign up to at least one of them, Ralph), but not here. Go figure.

Math Trade for Strategicon's GAMEX 2010 attendees

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I should have noted it. Burt was nice enough to run it but didn't post in the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh. But despite the relative success of the last Strategicon MT, the turnout seemed rather light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on a number of yahoo groups, but only getting notices for special events, and I didn't see one.

I'm not sure I'll attend this Gamex, none of the events or tournaments caught my eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm interested in participating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Pimentel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The "Filler Friday" seems intriguing.

ralpher wrote:
I'm on a number of yahoo groups, but only getting notices for special events, and I didn't see one.

I'm not sure I'll attend this Gamex, none of the events or tournaments caught my eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kemap wrote:
The "Filler Friday" seems intriguing.

ralpher wrote:

I don't think I would play any of those games at the convention unless it was a tournament, and unfortunately they are scheduled in a reverse order of desirability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Pimentel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I heard that they are giving away games as 1st prize for Filler Friday games, and that you can win games like Ligretto and Fredericus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie H
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sorry about that, Chief
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
The more savvy BGG'ers who are in L.A. don't run the Math Trades, and the L.A. gamers who run the Math Trades are crap at promoting them.
Yeah, with incentive like this, why wouldn't anyone want to run a SoCal Math Trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekh_86 wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
Yeah, with incentive like this, why wouldn't anyone want to run a SoCal Math Trade?

I think you implicitly fell in the former category rather than the latter (since you are a savvy BGGer).

Well, looks like the trade results are in. 10 out of 152 gamse traded. No want lists posted so we can't see who did and didn't post and what other trades could be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
ekh_86 wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:

Sorry, Eddie. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

FWIW, I thought your math trades were among the best-run for us locals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.