United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
On a game's page there is an option to 'Clone' the game. What does this mean?

Fans: 15
Become a Fan
Corrections
Clone
Customize View
Subscribe sub options
xml RSS Feed
Record a Play

I would like to change the name of one of my designed games, keeping all the threads, reviews etc. Do I use Clone to do this? Does it automatically delete the old database entry?

Or should I use another way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
I would like to change the name of one of my designed games, keeping all the threads, reviews etc. Do I use Clone to do this? Does it automatically delete the old database entry?

Clone will create a new game submission filling in the blanks with information from the entry that you cloned, so no, that will not do what you want.

Quote:
Or should I use another way to accomplish this? Thanks.

Use the "Corrections" link to submit a correction. You probably want to add the new name as an altname and then ask to make it the primary, so that the old name still exists and will be found in searches, but won't be primary anymore. Leave an admin note explaining the reason and that you are the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.