Ryan Sturm
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode #15 of the How to Play podcast Caylus is now available. This show offers a full rules explanation, beginning strategy and musings on this masterpiece of a game.

The episode is available from my website at www.howtoplaypodcast.com as well as on itunes for subscription.

My love for this game caused the length for this to get out of hand because I had a lot I wanted to talk about!

I start the episode with a segment trying to restore Caylus’ damaged reputation and explain why I think it is such a great game.

I include a lot of beginning strategy throughout the explanation and provide some strategic path guides in the hamster. In the vegetables I give you some seed ideas on basic strategy for favors.

In the musings I talk about a variety of Caylus-related topics, including a beginners guide to get started playing online at the great real time board game site BSW, at which Caylus is one of the many fantastic games.

But the big announcement in this episode is the launching of the “Caylubration:” International Caylus Celebration Day. June 6th 2010. A holiday that I just made up. The idea of the Caylubration is to spread the gaming goodness that is Caylus.

It is also a challenge to see how many people we can get to play Caylus at the same time. Sign the online pledge at … to pledge to play at least one game of Caylus online or in person, that day, or at least that week. I will be giving away a geekgold prize of 20 geekgold! to one random lucky participant.

Let see how many we can get, can we get, 10? 100? Catch Caylus fever, join the Caylubration.

Here is the online pledge

Enjoy!

Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am i the only one not able to download with itunes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sturm
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
Am i the only one not able to download with itunes?

I've never had issues before or heard of others having issues.. here is the link, http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-how-to-play-podcast/i... maybe try a restart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.