Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 18 the rules state "The value of a train's run is equal to the total of the values of the cities it traces a route to or through." From this, I assume (but not 100% sure, obviously) that one does not count the city a train starts from.

For example, the player is going to run a train from City A, through Cities B and C and end in City D. Does the player count City A's value when income is calculated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you count the "starting" city.

Note that this city also counts for number of "stops" the train is allowed to run. In other words, a "2 train" can only go one town/city away from its starting station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response.

Glad it's confirmed - I was playing this way in the short game, and I just wanted to make sure I was playing right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
[q="dcorbaoftEnote that this city also counts for number of "stops" the train is allowed to run. In other words, a "2 train" can only go one town/city away from its starting station.[/q]

I normally explain train sizing as a count of the numb of revenue-generation locations that may be on the route. This of course breaks with games in which (for instance) towns don't count against train-length but do generate revenue, like say 18Mex or some trains in 18io etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.