Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about Opportunity Fire.

1. Units must have CLEAR LOS : does this mean the intervening hexes between attacker and target must be OPEN terrain, and may not have any blocking or degrading terrain?

2. When Op Fire with a stack of units, do they fire according to the "Multiple Attacking Units"-rule (additional units fire at 1/2 firepower,...)?

3. When units from additional HEXES fire as well, is this treated as ONE attack? How do you calculate total combined firepower then (when you have for instance in 1 hex a stack of 2 MMC + 1 SMC (leader) + 1 SW (LMG) and in another hex 2 MMC + 1 SW (LMG))?

4. When the moving unit enters a hex for which it has to pay TWO movement points, can it be attacked TWICE then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
I have some questions about Opportunity Fire.

1. Units must have CLEAR LOS : does this mean the intervening hexes between attacker and target must be OPEN terrain, and may not have any blocking or degrading terrain?

2. When Op Fire with a stack of units, do they fire according to the "Multiple Attacking Units"-rule (additional units fire at 1/2 firepower,...)?

3. When units from additional HEXES fire as well, is this treated as ONE attack? How do you calculate total combined firepower then (when you have for instance in 1 hex a stack of 2 MMC + 1 SMC (leader) + 1 SW (LMG) and in another hex 2 MMC + 1 SW (LMG))?

4. When the moving unit enters a hex for which it has to pay TWO movement points, can it be attacked TWICE then?

I doing this from memory...as I don't have the rules with me at work...so here goes:

1) No not all open. As long as the LOS isn't blocked. (a stone house for example) So you can fire thru degrad terrain also ONLY up to 2 hexes with this type of terrain in it otherwise the LOS is blocked or obviously thru clear terrain UP TO the range of the weapons being fired.

2) Yes. first unit fires with full FP but others go down to 1/2 FP.

3) Each hex will fire separately- but must be activated by the same leader. Units from other hexes may fire-they must be adjacent to the same LEADER who activated the other units even with a leader in other hexes.

Firepower is calculated for each hex separately-BUT-target units can only be fired on by so many firing units depending on how many hexes the target unit/s have moved.

4) As he said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks guys! This really helps a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding 4.1. Opportunity Fire from Operations Complete:
Quote:
MMCs under an Ops Complete Marker can Opportunity Fire, but do so with one-half Firepower (fractions rounded down).
Does this apply only to MMCs (not to a SMC as a Hero)?

Quote:
An SW owned by a Squad that is marked with an Ops Complete marker can also fire with the Squad. Machine guns or flamethrowers are halved, while SWs that use the OFT suffer a +2 DRM to-hit penalty.
Does this apply only to a Squad (not to Half Squads or a Crew or a SMC with SW)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you SJ Benoist for your answer to my second question.

After a couple of days thinking about the first question, my conclusion is that SMCs under Ops Complete cannot make fire; they cannot even make Opportunity Fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.