Salim Mohammed
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little known fact. If you buy S & T 251 Cobra 3rd edition and
S & T 239 Winged Horses you will have all the counters, rules , and OOB to play the Vietnam War from 1965 - 1973.

A playable 1 map game of medium size, with hexes , no damn cards, with easy to read NATO symbols !

Why DG never really advertised this I will never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
bloodystar wrote:

DG doesn't seem as willing to make boxed games out of their successful magazine games as SPI was. I think Red Dragon Rising (is that the name of the Bruce Costello game?) is the first attempt for them ever. I would make Winged Horse number 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Mohammed
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis you and I both know a medium sized playable hex Vietnam game would kill. It is the war that I grew up dealing with ( I am 43 ) even though I was never there.

Put this in a box!!

Pass the word Lewis!

Yours

Salim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Barradas
Australia
Mackay
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree.
This is indeed a jewel. The game scale, the parts, the system...

The supplement that comes with #251 does add a lot, although it takes a bit to figure out what to do with the initial deployment.
The additional rules have to be "cut&pasted" into the small campaign ones, I wish that DG could revise the thing and publish a new ruleset.

Also, it would be awesome if they somehow could add solitaire options (not easy to find players for this game!). I've tried some home made ones to a small extent and they work, but it would be great if they were official.

Bump Bump, WH rulez!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

The question should be where. I think they could learn what LPS do with Against the Odd in that some colorful ads cover the previous ATO magazine games. It seems that DG doesn't have such a practice but only on their other boxed games. It also comes into question that if there are too many advertising pages, the grognards would complain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Quote:

The question should be where. I think they could learn what LPS do with Against the Odd in that some colorful ads cover the previous ATO magazine games. It seems that DG doesn't have such a practice but only on their other boxed games. It also comes into question that if there are too many advertising pages, the grognards would complain!

Lawrence, I think Salim was using the word "advertise" in a figurative sense. As in "why don't they ever tell anybody"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Mohammed
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats it exactly. Say hey look what we have ! But they never even posted it on their web site. It was total silence.

How can anyone buy it if no one knows it is being sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.