Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my voting card for the Deutscher Spielepreis 2010 (German Game Award). Most of you know it, it's the 2nd important Award for Games in Germany. For Gamers it is indeed the more important one, because it is based upon the votes of gamers, gamecritics and magazines and not so family oriented like the Spiel des Jahres (Game of the Year).

I think World Without End or Vasco da Game will win, but none of them is my favorite. My personal choice would be Dominion Intrigue but i don't see that happen. I have some problems to choose five nominees.
At the moment my top five (ranked) would be:

1. Magister Navis (aka Endeavour)
2. Warhammer: Invasion
3. Dungeon Lords
4. Hansa Teutonica
5. At the Gates of Loyang

What would be your nominees and who do you think will win the cup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
toerck wrote:
Most of you know it, it's the 2nd important Award for Games in Germany. For Gamers it is indeed the more important one, because it is based upon the votes of gamers, gamecritics and magazines and not so family oriented like the Spiel des Jahres (Game of the Year).
I agree, the DSP is a much better indicator than the SdJ of whether I will like a game.

Is the 2010 prize for games published in 2009? - what's the date range of publication?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toerck wrote:
I got my voting card for the Deutscher Spielepreis 2010 (German Game Award). Most of you know it, it's the 2nd important Award for Games in Germany. For Gamers it is indeed the more important one, because it is based upon the votes of gamers, gamecritics and magazines and not so family oriented like the Spiel des Jahres (Game of the Year).

I think World Without End or Vasco da Game will win, but none of them is my favorite. My personal choice would be Dominion Intrigue but i don't see that happen. I have some problems to choose five nominees.
At the moment my top five (ranked) would be:

1. Magister Navis (aka Endeavour)
2. Warhammer: Invasion
3. Dungeon Lords
4. Hansa Teutonica
5. At the Gates of Loyang

What would be your nominees and who do you think will win the cup?

HT is the first game I've rated a 10 so I'll be annoyed if #4 doesn't win. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Eric, what about Power Grid? I seem to recall you rated that a 10 a while ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Eric, what about Power Grid? I seem to recall you rated that a 10 a while ago.

Bumped it down a point after playing that sucky three player game with you, but yeah, I forgot I had that as a 10. I feel confident that HT will remain a 10 longer than PG did. Tichu might get there if I can play it on a more consistent basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
every game pulished from essen 2009 to nürnberg 2010 can be nominated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Artoos
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Possibly not pure enough euros, but IMO Chaos in the Old World and Cyclades can stand next to most other games from the appropriate release period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
I agree, the DSP is a much better indicator than the SdJ of whether I will like a game.

Yes, the SdJ Jury seems to have problems. The DSP is much better, being the votes of German gamers.

Fresco has won the 2010 Deutscher Spiele Preis. Congratulations to the authors, Marcel Süßelbeck & Marco Ruskowski, and to Queen Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.