Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Elves are red, the Goblins green, the Dwarves brown, and the Orcs blue. Mercenaries are a light gray. But what about the two new factions?

From the box photos, it looks like Vanguard and Fallen Kingdom are dark blue and dark gray. Is this correct?

The reason I am asking, is that the wall cards are very, very difficult to distinguish in many types of lighting (especially for we the color blind). So I'm having to paint some wall pieces of use some spare euro resource cubes to place over the wall cards once they are in play to make them distinguishable. I need to know what color to make the three wall markers for each new faction.

(EDIT: I also posted this question to the thread about the pre-orders for the new factions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The walls for the two new factions actually got a bit of a make over. The Fallen Kingdom wall looks old and dirty, while the wall for the Vanguards is bright clean and white.

Fallen Kingdom is Black/Dark Red/Eerie Green

Vanguards are Light Blue/White/Gold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Er heisst
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBobbio wrote:
The reason I am asking, is that the wall cards are very, very difficult to distinguish in many types of lighting (especially for we the color blind).

There is a simple way to tell: The walls on your side of the map are yours, the walls on the other side of the board are your opponent's walls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waldemar wrote:
LordBobbio wrote:
The reason I am asking, is that the wall cards are very, very difficult to distinguish in many types of lighting (especially for we the color blind).

There is a simple way to tell: The walls on your side of the map are yours, the walls on the other side of the board are your opponent's walls.

Well it is more confusing in a team game!

That's great that the walls will look different Colby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waldemar wrote:
LordBobbio wrote:

Waldemar, there is a simple way to tell that you jumped the gun with your sarcasm.

Apparently you aren't color blind, trying to play on the same team during a four player game, with an Elves/Dwarves combo, or a Goblin/Dwarves combo... in those cases, the Wall cards of the original starter sets look very much alike.

Perhaps you've never played a team game at all... let me tell you that you may build your own Walls on your team's side but in either your quadrant or that of your teammate. So they are facing the same direction, capice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Wilson
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
The walls for the two new factions actually got a bit of a make over. The Fallen Kingdom wall looks old and dirty, while the wall for the Vanguards is bright clean and white.

Fallen Kingdom is Black/Dark Red/Eerie Green

Vanguards are Light Blue/White/Gold

Thanks Colby for such a rapid response... any bigger game publishers out there watching Colby's moves? Colby's sense of customer service = recipe for long-term success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the color schemes. I bought colored Ultra Pro sleeves for my Summoner Wars cards. The sleeves are too wide but the matching colored borders (blue for orcs, red for elves, green for goblins) made the artwork stand out better.

I don't want to repeat colors because of the team game variant so I'm using black for the Fallen and Easter candy purple for the Vanguard.

Now if they only made brown backings my Guild Dwarves. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordBobbio wrote:
Waldemar wrote:
LordBobbio wrote:

Waldemar, there is a simple way to tell that you jumped the gun with your sarcasm.

Apparently you aren't color blind, trying to play on the same team during a four player game, with an Elves/Dwarves combo, or a Goblin/Dwarves combo... in those cases, the Wall cards of the original starter sets look very much alike.

Perhaps you've never played a team game at all... let me tell you that you may build your own Walls on your team's side but in either your quadrant or that of your teammate. So they are facing the same direction, capice?

I don't think there was any sarcasm nor insult directed towards color-blind people here. He had a point, and I was think along those lines too.

But then, there is indeed team matches which make it a little harder. Even I had a few difficulties at first to see the difference between Goblins and Dwarves. As for the walls, it would have helped if the faction symbol was on them...

I'm quite happy to learn that future walls will be different, though it might clash with the very standard and identical walls of the four first factions. Any second edition in sight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thyme Ludwig
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
I like the color schemes. I bought colored Ultra Pro sleeves for my Summoner Wars cards. The sleeves are too wide but the matching colored borders (blue for orcs, red for elves, green for goblins) made the artwork stand out better.

I don't want to repeat colors because of the team game variant so I'm using black for the Fallen and Easter candy purple for the Vanguard.

Now if they only made brown backings my Guild Dwarves. shake

You may be happy to know that Arcane Tinmen make the Dragon Shield brand of sleeves in a nice dirty brown color. You may be able to find it on Fantasy Flight's website or other places that sell Dragon Sleeves.

EDIT: and if all else fails, I can probably send you some of mine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, color aside, if you're having a hard time remembering which walls are yours and which are your teammate's, you should probably lay off the booze for the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I gave you a tip in return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.