Subject: Picking a Race and Special Power Combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Klippe
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi,

Rules page 3. left column.

"The cost of each.......The first combo-located at the top of the column-is free."

In picture below that is a picture and rules in brown frame. In that picture one can see how coins are put on both the first and second race/power combo ???

Are the first race/power combo in the column free or not?

Sorry if this have been up before but i did not find it.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taking the first race/power combo is free.

If you want to skip it, you put a coin on it.

If someone later takes it, they get the coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is free to _select_ as your first race, but if you want to take a race further down, you must place a coin on each race you skip -- so it is not free to skip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the top combination is free. In the example the 3rd combination is taken, so the player must pay 2 coins - placing one coin on each combination above the chosen one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That just means that someone chose a race other than the first two. So if you want the fourth race combo you would put one coin on the first race, one coin on the second and one on the third. That's why you start the game with five coins -- in case you want the sixth race available.

Edit: Damn I type too slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
earache wrote:
That just means that someone chose a race other than the first two. So if you want the fourth race combo you would put one coin on the first race, one coin on the second and one on the third. That's why you start the game with five coins -- in case you want the sixth race available.

Note that the 6th race is not actually available - it is just visible so people know what is coming next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
earache wrote:

Note that the 6th race is not actually available - it is just visible so people know what is coming next.

That is not correct.

[q=The First Bloody Rule]The player selects one Race and Special Power combo, from among the six that are visible on the table (including the combo made of the Race banner and Special Power badge sitting on top of the stacks at the bottom of the column).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Klippe
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks for all your help. It´s now clear to me how to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.