Michigan
flag msg tools
Wherever You Go, There You Are
badge
With no certain future, and no purpose other than to prevail
mbmbmbmbmb
The First Round

Initial Set Up
Asteroid counters in : 0301, 0502, 0803, 1105, 1406, 1708, 2009, 2713, 3014, 3316, 3617, 3919, 4220, 2519, 2522, 2525, 2528, 2530, 0415, 0914, 0718.
Federation CC+ in hex 0510, facing B, speed 0, WS-III.
Lyran Tiger+ in 2803, facing D, speed 0, WS-III.
Orian CA in 3922, facing F, speed 0, WS-III.
Klingon D7C(m) in 2230, facing A, speed 0, WS-III.

Scenario Length
The scenario continues until three (or all) of the four ships are destroyed or crippled.

Special Rules
The map is fixed; it does not float. No ship can leave the map. Any ship attempting to do so comes to a complete halt in the map edge hex and remains there at speed 0 and without changing facing, for the rest of the turn. On the next turn it can accelerate from speed 0, but must without leaving the hex it is in (since it cannot go straight ahead). This will require a TAC or HET maneuver.

All drones are type-IF except that the Klingon and Orion ships each four type-IVF.

The ships are described below. None of these modifications should be considered as standard modifications for ships in normal service.

The Federation CC+ is a standard CC+ with the + refit. The APR has been converted to warp reactor, but is still destroyed on APR hits.

The Lyran Tiger+ is a standard Tiger with the 3-4-5 shields increased to 22 and one phas-III on each side changed to phaser-I.

The Orion CA is the Heavensent. It is a standard design, with photons in the center mounts and drone racks in the wing mounts.

The Klingon ship is the D7C(modified) Doomslayer; an SSD for it is included in this issue of Captain's Log.

No ships is allowed to cloak. Multiply the BPV of a cloak-equipped ship by 0.87 to adjust for this penalty.

All ships have 12 transporter bombs available.

No ship can self-destruct. Do not use the Catastrophic Damage Procedure.

Victory Conditions
Use the Modified Victory Conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryfon wrote:
The ships are described below. None of these modifications should be considered as standard modifications for ships in normal service.

The Federation CC+ is a standard CC+ with the + refit. The APR has been converted to warp reactor, but is still destroyed on APR hits.

Sounds like a standard CC+a (CC with plus and AWR refits).

Gryfon wrote:
The Lyran Tiger+ is a standard Tiger with the 3-4-5 shields increased to 22 and one phas-III on each side changed to phaser-I.

Sounds like a standard CA+p (CA with plus and phaser refits—I'd have to check the SSD to make sure of those shields).

Is this copied out of an issue of Nexus or early Captain's Log?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be the featured scenario from Captain's Log #3 except the Orion is not the Hammerfield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the first Captain's Logs (1984).

Played it more times than I could count, usually with random CC's; each player picks a CC and puts it in the pool and each gets a random one.

For those without the rest of the article, the D-7C Doomslayer is a D-7C with the following:

BPV = 139.
No K refit (LF-L/RR and RF-R/LR are PH-2).
Remove ADD.
Add a Photon Torpedo to the boom, FA.
Replace the rear tractor beam with a Photon Torpedo, RA.
Expand the shuttle bay from 2 to 4; data table states the ship has 2
Crew is 540, boarding parties are 32.
Up to 12 t-bombs can be carried.

I assume it has one UIM.

The BPV is pretty questionable, but it works well enough for the scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
This seems to be the featured scenario from Captain's Log #3 except the Orion is not the Hammerfield.

Yes, it was #3. The Hammerfield was one of the featured ships (with Captain Deth O'Kay). However, the Hammerfield CA would need DN's or BCH's for opponents:

Photon Torpedos (centerline) and Plasma-F (wings).
Phas-G replaces each pair of Phas-III in the rear mounts.
Cloaking device.
Rear engine increased from 10 to 15.
All shields increased by six units.
Two type G drone racks added to rear hull, able to carry I, IS, or ADD.
BPV=200

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.