Popular Tags: [View All]
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finishes reading the rules for Claustrophobia and it sounds pretty straight forward I'm really looking forward to playing my first game. One thing that struck me as weird was the Blessed talent says it can only be used once per scenario. Is there a way this talent can be refreshed? I haven't played yet so maybe I don't have a strong enough grasp on the game yet to realize just how powerful this talent is, but being a one time only skill seems to be a bit unimpressive to me. Can anyone shed some light on this for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But, seeing as you have a newuser badge, you likely did not know that.

Here is the FAQ. The red text errata is very important...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/51596/claustrophobia-f...

Edit after reading below: I too was caught up in FAQ mania. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazar Yoot
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link to the FAQ, after reading it I'm not seeing anything regarding the Blessed talent being usable more than once per game, am I missing something?

All I see is that blessed can only heal an exsisting wound and not further wounds.

I also see the correction to abilities printed in red can only be used once per threat phase (as opposed to once per game). But this wasn't what I was originally referring to, I was actually asking about the Blessing talent that the humans have access to.

Am I simply missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
You are correct, the blessed talent can only be used once per game. It may not seem like much but it is pretty powerful. Plus the redeemer has his gifts which you can use several times in the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TazarYoot wrote:
Am I simply missing something?

Oops. No, it was me missing your actual question. I'd seen so many questions about the red text, I replied without thinking.

The Blessed talent actually is once per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CROC
France
Guyancourt
Yvelines
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
The blessing capacity IS really powerful. Turning any exhausted fighter into a warmachine (and a fast one...) IS really useful.

Don't forget that Claustrophobia is a fast game. Lots of games are played in less than 10 turns. So having such a boost ONCE is good.

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.