Hide
4 Posts

Descent: The Well of Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bleed and Stun Special Abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caligula Awesome
msg tools
Ok so this is probably a stupid question but when we first played well of darkness for some reason my players thought that the bleed and stun effects caused more than one counter per attack. i.e. if you did 5 damage 5 counters were applied to the target. Now as far as I can see from the rules you only apply one counter but multiple ones can be applied to the same target before they take effect at the same time. Am I correct or are my players?? (this led to them being able to pwn nearly everything in the dungeon...)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, a Stun or Bleed attack gives just one counter. It is not like Poison, which does a one-for-one trade (i.e. one poison for every wound taken). One stun attack deals one stun token. If attacked multiple times (Rage or multiple baddies), then they can be stunned/bled multiple times.

The effects of Stun/Bleed then happen at the beginning of the Hero's next turn, so while you can bleed more than once, it's from different attacks, not from one attack.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, note that you only lose one stun token per turn (unlike bleed tokens, which are all at once).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch, if you got more than one Bleed token per attack, Ferrox attacks would be uber-nasty!

Keep in mind, too, that Bleed and Stun (and Web, Frost, etc - pretty much every effect except Poison) will cause a token as long as the attack HITS, even if it does no damage.

For example, if a Ferrox does 1 damage, but the target has 4 armor, he will take no wounds right away, but he WILL receive a Bleed token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.