Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Mafia, Killer, Werewolf; this game is known by many names. Common to them all is the mechanic. What differs is the theme and the names of the roles.

In "Do you worship Cthulhu", each player gets a rolecard, telling them that they are:
-A villager
-A cultist
-A seer
-A protector
-A vigilante

The game starts after everyone has been given a rolecard. The storyteller tells everyone to "go to sleep", and then awakens the roles that are active during the night (cultist, seer, protector and vigilante) one by one. The cultists and vigilantes, each in their turn, decide on a player to kill, the seers guess who the cultists are, and the protectors decide on someone to protect.

Morning rises, and everything is normal. Well, not quite; someone has been killed! With a murder having taken place, a lynching is required. The village quarrels and discusses, and finally decides on someone to kill, and then it becomes night again...

Do you worship Cthulhu is Live Action Roleplaying at its simplest. It can be played with players who are seasoned gamers, or with players who have next to no experience playing games. It's a social interaction game, and everyone gets to shape their own role, and that of the other players.

The game is simple to play and fun to observe. If you haven't tried it, you should!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six pseudopods or only five?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Shauneroo wrote:
I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six pseudopods or only five?
Well, snap! Fun-ney! :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.