Subject: Income inquiry on buildings! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Snake
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

We talk about having 8 adjacent building and having 8 different income.

My question is that when you place a building (A) with it having no requirement to give income, it goes on the lowest number. So if there is a building that has been build adjacent of A and which meet it's requirement, we then turn the building income to the second lowest. This means that to reach max income, you only need 7 building requirements.

I only played this once and we missed a couple of rules but we had a hard time on this one.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds about right. We moved the buildings' income levels up by one each time a requirement was met. Or with new buildings placed into already profitable areas, we counted them up, and then counted up the income spaces on the tile. We did not count the zero space as we did this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The numbers on the building tiles are just a reminder. You may (and I do) calculate each one on the fly during the building income round according to the reference card or rulebook, even if it goes beyond the numbers on the card. For example, if a bank is adjacent to 6 houses and you have three mines, you should get (6+3)x$3 = $27 for that bank, even though the numbers on the tile don't go that high. Trust your math, not how many times you've turned the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwentySides wrote:
The numbers on the building tiles are just a reminder.

For example, if a bank is adjacent to 6 houses and you have three mines, you should get (6+3)x$3 = $27 for that bank, even though the numbers on the tile don't go that high.

That's not true, the designer has previously posted you can only get what each building shows. So, they're capped at both the low and high end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with Steven

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bass
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
That's not true, the designer has previously posted you can only get what each building shows. So, they're capped at both the low and high end.

Wow, I did not know that. Thanks, Steven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. Finally found the exact reference, took a while: Re: Rules Clarification please...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification! I thought the description in the book was what you went with, and the tiles were a reminder. Good to know. That changes things up a little bit for me and my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.