Popular Tags: [View All]
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my 2nd wave order was placed through Gamesurplus.com, and after seeing all the 2nd wave postings here i contacted them yesterday (5/11) for an update...and was told FFG would be shipping my order direct to me...so i then contacted them for an update, and just this morning (5/12) rec'd this email:

"Greetings John,

We have only begun the shipping process, which is pretty slow since we have to assemble the outer carton for every game. We hope to have a majority of them sent out by the end of next week.

Games Surplus will get an email when their invoices are ready to ship, at that point they would be able to contact us for tracking information if needed."

hope this helps...John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John!!! Mine is also through Gamessurplus....I am just planning on early June!

Good news to hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY!

Mine is from Game Surplus as well! I've been checking their web site for updates, but have seen nothing updated in the last two weeks. So this is good news!

...off to check email again... sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I swapped email with Thor today and he has been billed. Same word from him - shipping is happening now and the goal to complete is the end of next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Howard
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
We received our copy today - ordered from FFG in the US, live in Canada.

Definately worth the wait and cost!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get an email notifying you of shipment? My order on the FFG site hasn't changed status yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jglasson wrote:
Did you get an email notifying you of shipment? My order on the FFG site hasn't changed status yet.

Here's the reply I got from FFG:
Quote:
Greetings Jeff,

They have arrived at our warehouse and we are starting to ship them out. The process is rather slow as we have to do some assembly to make sure each game is ready and safe to ship.

You will receive an email as soon as your has been confirmed for shipping.

Hopefully this means I'll have the game before Memorial Day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Howard
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Being in Canada I got the usual email confirming that if I wanted the game I had to shell out more for shipping charges.

I responded to that email 10 minutes after it arrived saying to go ahead, got an email confirming the extra charges the next day and about a day later again another from UPS with my shipping details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an update posted on the Games Surplus website (in the CE game entry)

Quote:
5/13/2010 FFG has received the 2nd wave of games and is in the process of assemblying the outer boxes and shipping them out to our customers. When they finish shipping all the orders, they will notify us. We will then be able to get tracking numbers as desired. It is their goal to ship all of the orders by the end of the day 5/14/10...this is just a goal...not set in stone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... seems to keep going back and forth between the end of this week and the end of next week. I wonder which it will be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sabo
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally received my Order Shipped Confirmation Notice from Fantasy Flight Games this evening! UPS Status: Billing Information Received. Should be here by the end of the week?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my email today with a tracking number.
It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday.
BTW, the box weight is 46 lbs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sabo
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MINNEAPOLIS, MN, US 05/17/2010 9:42 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

Scheduled Delivery: 20-May-2010
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Emch
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I AM PLING!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff and/or Nathan,

Do you remember what date you ordered the CE?

Trying to estimate when I might be seeing mine whistle

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pling wrote:
Jeff and/or Nathan,

Thanks!

It was 19 November 2009.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sabo
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pling wrote:
Jeff and/or Nathan,

Thanks!

November 07, 2009
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thor posted this on the Games Surplus web site:

Quote:
5/17/10 FFG told me today that the process of assemblying the outer boxes and making it possible to ship each game out is going _painstakingly_ slow. They will be working on getting orders out this entire week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Emch
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I AM PLING!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, you rock! I ordered mine a bit later. Getting so hard for me to wait any longer I'm afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Thor posted this on the Games Surplus web site:

Quote:
5/17/10 FFG told me today that the process of assemblying the outer boxes and making it possible to ship each game out is going _painstakingly_ slow. They will be working on getting orders out this entire week.

Thor is a good guy and has a stand up business!!! I am patient....it gets here when it gets here....just as long as it arrives safe I am happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Emch
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I AM PLING!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Shipment ho! On its way...

Hope the Gollum-mobile doesn't try to intercept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sabo
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked it up from our apartment complex's leasing office today & could not quite fit it in the trunk. Lugged the 46-pounder up three flight of stairs & set it on the coffee table where it lay for 3 hours until my better half came home (I had domestic duties to take care of). Upon seeing the box she became a little distressed (just having worked a 13-hour shift) so I fixed her a cocktail. She helped me unbox it while we watched the season finales of the NBC Thursday night comedies. Upon finally making it through the last layer of protective cardboard she tried to mask her visible look of astonishment by saying (while laughing) "That looks like a giant book or something" and I cut her of mid-sentence saying "It's supposed to resemble a giant Elven tome." very matter-of-factly. She laughed and said "You are officially the biggest nerd I know!" After making our way through the contents of the tome and admiring the craftsmenship & attention to detail of the 248 hand-painted figures & the gorgeous rulebook, she proceeded to post the arrival of said object on Facebook. Next thing you know everyone's chiming in about this. Everything from "Oh, he's a dork… let's do D&D next time I visit." (tongue in cheek) to "Sounds awesome! Let's see some pics of this construction of lore." Next thing you know she's posting pictures on Facebook. Now I have people wanting to play this game that I never would have guessed would be interested ( I'm a closet BGG). Even though she would be the last to admit it, she's impressed.

I am totally satisfied & even after looking at the pictures posted here at BGG & reading posts for the last 8+ months daily… It is even better than I was lead to believe. This is, of course, aesthetically speaking. The figures have such fine detail that can only be appreciated with the naked eye. I don't know, but it looks like the painters improved upon the models of the first wave. Everything about this package is impressive & I feel lucky (& glad that I took the leap on purchasing this) that I am one of the 2000 worldwide owners of this milestone achievement of board game history.

Cheers to the designers & fans that made this happen. You made me officially one of the happiest nerds I know. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jglasson wrote:
I got my email today with a tracking number.
It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday.
BTW, the box weight is 46 lbs!

It really came today! As others have said, the pictures posted don't do the game justice.

And my wife didn't throw me out when she saw the size of it!

Now to find a table big enough to play it on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another update on Gamesurplus' website, fyi:

Quote:
5/21/10 FFG informed us today that quite a few orders shipped today and the best estimate is that _all_ orders will be shipped by this coming Tuesday. Thank you for your patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my tracking number confirmation from FFG (via Gamesurplus) today--looks like delivery will be on Thursday!!

sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing from Games Surplus for me yet....

I ordered one of the last ones they had allocated (Ordered first week of February) So maybe I'm at the end of the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.