Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this eBay auction that just ended for some interesting RISK 2010 (one of a kind?) supplements/expansions.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

I should have bid on them!

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Ochs
United States
Jackson
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOT one of a kind, but difficult to find...
These were put out by Avalon Hill as part of their promotion to get 2210 tournaments going in game/hobby stores. If you were a game retailer, you could get these expansions for just the shipping cost. My local retailer ordered the amoeba one and gave me a copy after the tournament failed. I'm not sure if they plan on releasing any others, but you can check www.avalonhill.com and look under "tournaments" or something like that. If you have a local store and they don't hold tournaments, ask them if you pay them shipping if they will get a copy for you. They can even ask around and see if there are any Mars or other expansions laying around the AH warehouse or at distributors. The Mars one is the only one that I would be willing to pay some money for. Better yet, ask them to start a tournament .

Interesting side note, in the Amoeba expansion box there was a flier for Acquire tournaments. I never heard anything else about it, but they were running them under the Frontline name. I think that is the name for all AH tournaments now. It would be interesting if they started a Battle Cry tourney or something like that with expansions like new cards and such.

Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Risk Expansions & Acquire
The Risk 2210 expansions come up on eBay pretty often. Only the Mars map seems to go for serious money - I got the Factions expansion cheap, just for the heck of it.

I don't know if any in-store Acquire tournaments were held, but there were definitely tournaments at Origins and GenCon and possibly other conventions. Winners got a wooden Acquire board and a set of gilt-edged stock certificates, much as the convention tournament Risk 2210 winners got glass Earth and Moon boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
These were profiled on the AH website a while back (I can't remember if it was before or after WOTC took over). If you use the Internet Wayback Machine, you might be able to find the pages...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.