Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3 UNITS: At the end of your turn, if you control at least 3 adjacent regions, score points equal to how many units you have on the map INSTEAD OF how many regions you control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the regions all have to be adjacent to each-other or will a 'line' of regions work? Either way, nice idea. It does seem pretty powerful (since you can likely conquer 3 regions right off the bat), but 3 is a pretty low number...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Du Rietz
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
And then there's those damn Kobolds again!
But I would happily avoid using the Kobolds to be able to use this Power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Do the regions all have to be adjacent to each-other or will a 'line' of regions work? Either way, nice idea. It does seem pretty powerful (since you can likely conquer 3 regions right off the bat), but 3 is a pretty low number...

No, all regions do not have to touch each other, only form a line. 3 Provides for a "nerve center" and also prevents the power from being exploited to extremes. In other words, you can't park them all on one region and score 7-8 points every turn.

The most possible tokens could be "Hordes of", giving 10 units that could be spread out as 3-3-4 across 3 regions, providing 10 points. Powerful but not impossible to take down. And as you attack them you directly reduce the number of points they can score.

Another good combo, but more vulnerable, would be "Peace Loving". Spreading 7 units out as 2-2-3, and scoring 7 + 3 points at the end of the turn.

I know it seems overpowered at first, but the 3 race tokens keep it down. After all, Wealthy Kobolds enter the game with 7 points AND 15 units to go out and conquer with

I got the idea from a wasp nest or bee hive. They pretty much want to leave others alone, but they fit a LOT of power into that tiny hive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viny viny
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice concept.
What about combinations with powers that grant VP for certain types of terrain (like forests...) or merchants?
Still use the ability above 3 regions (number of tokens + special terrain bonus) or cancel it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Du Rietz
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Just like when Forest Wizards conquer a region containing both a forest and a magic source they get 2 extra resources for that zone, I would assume they same rules would implement on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paglop wrote:
Nice concept.
What about combinations with powers that grant VP for certain types of terrain (like forests...) or merchants?
Still use the ability above 3 regions (number of tokens + special terrain bonus) or cancel it?

They would score the bonus points separate (in addition to) the race ability. Like Merchant Hive (not very strong at all with only 5 units), assuming they could even take a 3rd region, would score 5 points (race) + 3 points from Merchant. If they are Forest Hive, and have two forests, 7 points race + 2 from the forests. I tried to think if there were "broken" combos, but I didn't find any yet. The hardest Hive to tear down would likely be Bivouacking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.