Subject: May 12th Update - Reprints rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is from the GMT website:

"Five Reprints Scheduled for September: Three Games to Get Upgrade to Mounted Maps!

As you guys know, we have been holding off on announcing any new games for our September/October production spots. The reason is Tony has been working on putting together a mass reprint of five of our out-of-stock titles for release in that timeframe - so we will have them all in-stock for the Christmas buying season. We finally have production scheduling and financing in good enough shape to make the official announcement. Here are the five games we will reprint, with a brief description of what's new in each game:

Flying Colors: Thicker Counters, Thicker box, no price change

Here I Stand: Larger 3" spine box, Mounted map, Thicker counters, Two player variant and cards

Manoeuvre: Thicker counters

Paths of Glory: Mounted map, Thicker counters, Thicker box

Sword of Rome: Mounted map, Thicker counters, 5th player expansion included

As you see, we have decided to use mounted mapboards in three of these reprints (the CDGs), as customer feedback has been outstanding thus far on our other produced and planned mounted-map games. We hope you guys will enjoy this upgrade.

Now to the details on price: Tony did a great job getting this overall print run booked in a way that keeps price increases to a minimum. So three of the games (Flying Colors, Here I Stand, Paths of Glory) will maintain the previous retail and P500 pricing. Manoeuver's pricing will increase from $50 to $55 retail and Sword of Rome's from $65 to $70 retail, BUT the P500 pricing will not increase on either game, so you P500 guys are going to get an extra-nice discount on these. And, because it's just WAY easier on our systems to not change the P500 price in midstream, we are going to keep the lower P500 price on each of these games to anyone who orders them via P500 between now and the time we ship, so everyone gets to enjoy the great deal! (And we are hoping, of course, that like you did with Wilderness War and Labyrinth, a lot of you will order these games and that the increase in sales will help make up the extra price we pay for the mounted boards, extra expansions, etc. Hopefully, it will be a "win-win.") Enjoy!

We want to make sure to note that the mounted board will add to the weight of the games, so for those three games with mounted boards, shipping will now be computed for 4 lbs instead of 3 lbs.

The last detail here is for you guys who already own those three CDGs (HIS, SoR, PoG) and don't want a new copy but would like a mounted map, we do have a "Mounted Map only" order option available on the website now for Here I Stand and Paths of Glory and will have one up for Sword of Rome shortly. The price will be $20/$14 just like our other Mounted Map only offerings."

Thanks for the great bonus additions to these games and also for giving me enough notice so I can start saving now! thumbsup laugh

-Riptcord

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Davis
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is huge, not just the upgrades to the games, but the fact that reprinting has been scheduled and none of these games have hit 500 preorders. Thanks OP and GMT! I'll be buying all five.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome but ouch! It's going to be a very expensive early fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be ordering the mounted map upgrades for both PoG and SoR!

This is so cool that GMT is responding to the market in this fashion. Yet another reason why this company, perhaps more than any other in the wargaming industry, "gets it". Bravo!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hiruko the goblin
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All hail the mounted maps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Merry Christmas indeed.

I'll definitely be buying Paths of Glory (been looking for a copy for a while), and might even replace my Here I Stand.

It'll be interesting to watch the P500 numbers jump in the lists next month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT is AWESOME. Not changing P500 price is nice enough, but what company would mention the extra shipping price and apologize?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Now I'm thinking of preordering Flying Colors...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I must think over my position and how I may improve it.
mb
Pretty soon I'm going to need a forklift to get my war games around...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Cathan wrote:
Awesome but ouch! It's going to be a very expensive early fall.

Damn right.

Sword of Rome
Flying Colors

Ordered that day - already waiting for Wilderness War.

PoG is tempting - maybe someone else can buy it and trade me for something I have OOP - I DO have a spending limit. Son starts college in Fall 2010!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I had SoR, WiWa, FC and the HIS mounted board all on pre-order for a long time now. I'm excited to finally get them. I'm just going to have some explaining to do to the wife when the big box arrives is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
The increased number of mounted maps and better counters GMT are producing is a great thing, but I hope these better components will be offered for new games from the get-go rather than after the fact. It seems that is the intention based on Washington's War and Labyrinth, but I still await this announcement for 1989. That being said, I'm sure it's a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
The increased number of mounted maps and better counters GMT are producing is a great thing, but I hope these better components will be offered for new games from the get-go rather than after the fact. It seems that is the intention based on Washington's War and Labyrinth, but I still await this announcement for 1989. That being said, I'm sure it's a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

"No Retreat!" is supposed to have the better counters and mounted map from the start, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.