Jim Henderson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the GMT website, 12 May 2010 update:

"Five Reprints Scheduled for September"

The list includes:

"Here I Stand: Larger 3" spine box, Mounted map, Thicker counters, Two player variant and cards"

I've had the mounted map on pre-order for what seems like an eternity. The additional good news on the maps is as follows:

"The last detail here is for you guys who already own those three CDGs (HIS, SoR, PoG) and don't want a new copy but would like a mounted map, we do have a "Mounted Map only" order option available on the website now for Here I Stand and Paths of Glory and will have one up for Sword of Rome shortly. The price will be $20/$14 just like our other Mounted Map only offerings."

Good news indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
And a few more notes about the HIS reprint:

1) There are absolutely NO gameplay changes planned. We're just incorporating all the errata and clarifying text to address all the FAQ items. The changes will include the balance changes to the tournament scenario already listed with the Errata (making them even more official than they already are).

2) I also plan to add an official Sequence of Play reference card, printed with the 6-player Sequence of Play and card/debater/leader additions on one side and the 2-player Sequence of Play on the back. That's something we always should have had in the original (and which I had addressed previously with a not very pretty web download printout).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ed Beach wrote:
And a few more notes about the HIS reprint:

1) There are absolutely NO gameplay changes planned. We're just incorporating all the errata and clarifying text to address all the FAQ items. The changes will include the balance changes to the tournament scenario already listed with the Errata (making them even more official than they already are).

2) I also plan to add an official Sequence of Play reference card, printed with the 6-player Sequence of Play and card/debater/leader additions on one side and the 2-player Sequence of Play on the back. That's something we always should have had in the original (and which I had addressed previously with a not very pretty web download printout).

Is it possible to get that reference sheet with the individual mounted board?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You'd have to ask GMT directly about that, Brian. As far as I know only the mounted map will be a separate component.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valery Prikhodko
Belarus
Gomel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UKIP MEP wrote:
So the mounted map will NOT be included in the boxed game but something you'll have to buy separately?

From the GMT website, 12 May 2010 update:

"Five Reprints Scheduled for September"

The list includes:

"Here I Stand: Larger 3" spine box, Mounted map, Thicker counters, Two player variant and cards"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
UKIP MEP wrote:
So the mounted map will NOT be included in the boxed game but something you'll have to buy separately?

If you buy the reprint, you get the mounted map. If you already have the 1st edition, you can buy the mounted map separately.

Since I have the first edition (and 2-player expansion), I am just going to order the map.

What I'd like to know is if the 3" box is necessary to hold the new board. I wonder if there would be enough demand to sell those separately as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

What I'd like to know is if the 3" box is necessary to hold the new board. I wonder if there would be enough demand to sell those separately as well.

I have to image it is. I can't close the box all the way as it is right now with a single GMT counter tray and sleeved cards. And that is with the paper map permanently kept in a poster frame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cathan wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

I have to image it is. I can't close the box all the way as it is right now with a single GMT counter tray and sleeved cards. And that is with the paper map permanently kept in a poster frame.

I have Plano storage and homemade deck boxes and can get everything into the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you sleeve the cards?

Eitherway, no way in heck can I get it all in with a mounted board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
Even though I doubt I'll ever see this on a table, at least with more than 2 players, I think I may order this. As soon as I saw how a CDG worked with Unhappy king Charles, this one started calling to me. Loudly!
The time is long and the learning curve may be up there for my group, But I think I'm going to add it.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
UKIP MEP wrote:

If you buy the reprint, you get the mounted map. If you already have the 1st edition, you can buy the mounted map separately.

Since I have the first edition (and 2-player expansion), I am just going to order the map.

Maybe, just maybe, they'd ship the mounted map in the new 3" box?

Very doubtful I know, but that'd be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jjacjackson wrote:
Maybe, just maybe, they'd ship the mounted map in the new 3" box?

Very doubtful I know, but that'd be nice.

No. I asked that (but forgot to ask about the references sheet) on their live chat. They won't know if they will have extra boxes until they start putting everything together.

But maybe if enough of us would be willing to buy the empty box, they would consider producing more on purpose.

I will check tonight if one of my other deluxe boards fits into the standard box. TS has no problem but I am using a smaller Plano for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Ooh, shiny. Finally caved and ordered this on P500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played, nor have I even seen this game yet. But if the counter density is low, would this game lend itself well to writing down positions and segregating cards that have already been played so that a group could play this game in 2 or 3 sessions? Seems like group size and number of hours needed to play are the big issues. Getting six people together for 2 four hour sessions or 3 three hour sessions would be easier than for a single eight to nine hour session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Counter density is quite low in this game, so your suggestion isn't at all unreasonable. Even just dropping the cards into envelopes for removed events, player hands, and the deck, plus notes about board position would be enough to recreate the game from an earlier session.

If I were doing that, and aware that we were going to break and have to pack up the board, I'd use VASSAL or Cyberboard on a laptop to record the gamestate. It could even be done while playing, there's plenty of time to do updates.

I'd recommend breaking on a turn change instead of just whenever, though.

If multi-session is your goal, this is very possible. Setup for the second session will take some time as you sort out the religious markers, but that's the biggest problem I'd foresee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Luís Pinto
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice (if not asking too much) if the two player options cards would be available with the mounted map, allowing the older printing owners to experience the full playing options and features (minus the counters) of the reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
jpinto wrote:
It would be nice (if not asking too much) if the two player options cards would be available with the mounted map, allowing the older printing owners to experience the full playing options and features (minus the counters) of the reprint.

GMT Games will probably have a limited amount of the individual pieces. Heck, it hasn't even been sent to the printers, yet. E-mail them to let them know you are interested in just the parts.

Of course, everything in the reprint is probably desired by a person who plays the hardcopy of the game on a regular basis.

The map will be mounted.
The rules book will be updated.
The new version will have new reference cards for player sequences.
The counters will be denser.
The two-player version is included.
The box will be thicker to accommodate the new map.

Most owners would likely enjoy the mounted map, updated rulebook, the reference cards, the two-player version with cards, and the new box. GMT could sell that as an upgrade kit - but that includes everything but the counters, so how much cheaper should it really be?

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esben Meulengracht Flachs
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent news ! Goes to cancel order of (now extra) mounted map. :p

Esben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Bockus
United States
River Forest
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been watching the P500 order count tick up very, very, very slowly the last many months, but it got about 40 new orders this week! Only about 100 to go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GamerKeith wrote:
I've been watching the P500 order count tick up very, very, very slowly the last many months, but it got about 40 new orders this week! Only about 100 to go...

A 100 to go to what? The reprint has already been announced for September - it no longer needs to reach 500 to make the cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Bockus
United States
River Forest
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
GamerKeith wrote:

A 100 to go to what? The reprint has already been announced for September - it no longer needs to reach 500 to make the cut.

You are correct, I paid too much attention to the "Not there" status on the P500 page and not enough to the announcement. Silly me, but at least Christmas comes early this year. At the order rate over the last several months, it wouldn't have "Made the Cut" for another year or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bachelor
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So glad to see this after placing it on pre-order ages ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the FAQ says up to 12 weeks, but how long should we expect for shipping after charging occurs? This is my first P500 order. I expected these games (Here I Stand and Paths of Glory) to be shipped in September (what I understood from the announcement), but the charge date of September 3rd + 12 weeks is going to possibly land it within November-December range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
Since one of the main purposes of the combined reprint was to get this stuff back into the channel for the Christmas season, I'd think it's going to be less than 12 weeks.

That's my hope anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I get LOTS of P500 stuff from GMT. Generally, you can expect your shipment within 4 weeks of the shipping date announcement, depending on where you are in the queue. If you are right at the front of the queue, then you can expect it sooner. I have no idea how they determine the order, but expect a thread to pop up in the game's forum when people begin to receive their copies.

I think the 12-week notice is in there in case they have unforseeable complications and/or to make sure that customers aren't disappointed if there's a glitch in the shipping system.

Just my $0.02 based on my past experiences.

Cheers.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.