Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Tubman
United States
CLINTON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that Coolstuff Inc. has 20+ copies of the first edition of Stronghold in stock right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that! Ugh ... I want it so bad, but this is the one week I can't afford it soblue So sad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only difference would be the rulebook, I believe. They said all the components would be the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
from what i understand, except for a (hopefully) better rulebook, there will be NO differences....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
#*(#*& you and your crossposting, Jay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tubman
United States
CLINTON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
But isn't the american printing next year prolly gonna be better anyways?

The impression I have gotten from other forum threads is that Valley Games does not have a very good track record as far as quality goes. I have never purchased one of their games so I don't know first hand, but most of the posts I have seen don't sound to hopeful that the quality will match the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat D
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would stay far away from Valley Games...bad track record with quality and worse yet their customer service does not exists if you do end up with problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Brian's thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/511020/stronghold-reprin...

Valley Games version will have the same components, same artwork, different rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Simon
United States
Ashley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be rules changes in the Valley Games edition, which will be easily implemented to existing games.

However, there will be a few cosmetic changes to reflect a few of the game changes as well. Principle art will remain the same as well, except where it needed minor changes to better reflect the new ruleset (though again, existing versions can still be easily converted to the new rules). The only change in physical components will be the addition of a few components that will not change gameplay, but are nice reminders (such as accurate shot markers to put on machines that have Accurate Shot placed on them in Phase 2, but don't actually shoot until the Assault Phase).

I don't own many Valley Games products at this point, but of those I have and have seen (Hannibal, Titan and Republic of Rome), I have not seen any problem in any of the components.

Besides, other than cards, a board and cardboard chits, the most complex the components get is different colored cubes. Not too hard to mess up the quality of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would avoid Valley Games if at all possible. I can only speak from personal experience but of the four games from them I own -- Die Macher, Supernova, Municipium and Container -- only one arrived in what I would call "acceptable condition". Mold in the box, broken components, warped boards and cards, and ironically enough, the one that's in good condition was Die Macher -- which I bought used by way of a Geek auction.

In addition to Coolstuff's sale linked above, I believe Ookoodook.com still has copies available. $59.99 plus shipping and handling. I've ordered from them twice so far and they are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all of their games, and the only one I've had a problem was with the wet ink inside Titan. I've had no bad customer service experiences with them, though people do complain that they are slow to respond to queries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
But isn't the american printing next year prolly gonna be better anyways?

Mike, please never say "prolly" ever again. I beg you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I prolly can't do that, Shirley surely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if you use code "BG5" at the checkout you get an additional 5% off of any purchases. I think its just this weekend though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Trombik
Switzerland
Zuerich
flag msg tools
badge
Have I answered all your Questions and provided good Customer Service? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! That's the Paradox, my Friend!
mbmbmbmb
Just got Titan and it's outstanding quality. ValleyGames made a nice job. Dawgfish: Look at it, you might be impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Tubman
United States
CLINTON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bansko wrote:
Just got Titan and it's outstanding quality. ValleyGames made a nice job. Dawgfish: Look at it, you might be impressed.

I preordered my copy of Stronghold from Thoughthammer before Essen. I was just answering Mike's question on why people want the Portal version instead of the Valley Games version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Supernova from VG a while back and aside from it being an attrociously bad game, the box and insert were pre-smashed thus saving me the trouble. Thanks Valley Games!

I traded it for Hannibal (also the VG version) which was outstanding in the production department.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.