3 Posts

Samarkand: Routes to Riches» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing camels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure I understand the gist of placing camels, if I am placing an orange camel it must always be placed adjacent to another orange camel. I can't randomly place it anywhere I want. Is that correct? I guess the confusion comes in when I read the line that says "The second camel must not necessarily be placed adjacent to the first one, but must belong to the same family." I read that to mean that if I am placing 2 camels they must be the same color and must be placed adjacent to camels of that color, but not necessarily next to each other. Hope this makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But the rules do say:

- A camel may only be placed on a space adjacent to a
space already containing a camel of the same color.

Also, for the answer, just look at many images of the game in action right here on bgg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, correct - if you place two camels on one turn, they must belong to the same family and must be placed next to camels of same family, but they don't have to be placed next to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.