Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I'm considering trading or selling some hard to get OOP games, either to bring in some more things or to cover some recent purchases which I probably shouldn't have made.

Things I am thinking of trading or selling:

Himalaya
Himalaya: The 5-6 Player Expansion
Global Powers

The first two would probably have to go as a package. Both are complete and in excellent condition. Pretty much like new. In fact, I recall taking off the shrink of the expansion myself and playing it once or twice.

The latter also complete and in excellent condition. I recently offered this in an Ultimate Trade and while it brought out some offers of nice OOP games, no-one quite met my expectations.

I would accept trades, purchases (through the marketplace) or a combination. I do have some idea of the value of these, and they did not come cheaply to me, so while I am not eager to see them depart I will consider all reasonable offers. As far as items outside the scope of BGG, I'd be interested in the Highlander series on DVD or Blu-Ray - or your new iPad that you just hate.

I will ship overseas, if the offer is good enough.

Please feel free to make offers here or by Geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
if you don't end up trading the himalaya w/exp as package I would be interested in just the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to make an offer Jeff. I probably won't trade it separately (I'd rather keep them than just be left with either the base game or expansion) but if I get a good enough offer for the base game alone then I would certainly be willing to split them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
anglotiger wrote:
Feel free to make an offer Jeff.

i'm not good at making offers... why i like math trades

how much in roughly $ value of games are you looking for for the combo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Jeff is interested in the 5-6, I may actually be interested in the base game. What were you looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question Sean. Were they trading together I would perhaps be hoping for a combined value of about $100-120. In the event of a trade, I'd want things from my want list (although there are a few things not on my want list that I would consider). That would perhaps be negotiable depending upon what was being offered though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in both, but I'm not sure I have the requisites to make a trade.
The valuation is likely reasonable, although the trend over the last 6 months or so has seen a good number of copies of the base game selling for about $50. There aren't any on sale for that price domestically at the moment though.
The expansion is the tougher component to acquire it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
I'd be interested in both, but I'm not sure I have the requisites to make a trade.
The valuation is likely reasonable, although the trend over the last 6 months or so has seen a good number of copies of the base game selling for about $50. There aren't any on sale for that price domestically at the moment though.
The expansion is the tougher component to acquire it seems.

Yeah, I suspect the expansion was printed in much smaller numbers than the base game. It's also in demand because the perception is that some weaknesses in the base base game are fixed in the expansion. I've only ever played it with the expansion so I can't voice an opinion on that.

I did take a look at your trade list. There wasn't much there that caught my eye - not because it was bad stuff, just because my wants are much smaller these days. But if you come into some money I'd be happy to sell (through the marketplace of course) or do a trade/sale combo or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.