Popular Tags: [View All]
Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I would like to know, besides the number of blocks and some rules changes, the rest is the same??
The Avalon Hill Board is the same from Columbia?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG page wrote:
Key Differences in Second Edition versus Third Edition

* 2nd edtion has 48 blocks--shorter (60+ min.) play time vs. 3rd edtion has 84 blocks--more accurate division level
* 3rd edtion has Blücher, Napoléon, and Wellington leader blocks that give slight combat and movement bonuses
* Although units have increase nearly doubled, the 3rd edition map remains same size, leading to overcrowding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thales Martins
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I am about to buy the AH edition because it takes less time to play, but I would like to have the option to play the Columbia’s edition as well, so my question is……

What is the difference, besides the rules, from each game?

What I am trying to know is if I buy the Columbia Blocks, and get the rules, the rest is the same? Or the Battleboard is different?

If the answer is NO, what else do I need, and Where could I find it???

Thanks guys….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's the same except for the blocks, stickers, and rules. You'd be better off just buying the Columbia version, really, if the only part of the AH one you're using is the map. There's a free conversion kit to play AH style using the Columbia 3rd edition here: Napoleon 3rd Ed to 2nd Ed Conversion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.