Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Games played in October rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Persson
Sweden
Linköping
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
October is the first complete month where I've kept track of my games played, and I have to say that the list turns out to be far longer than I would have expected. 69 plays in total of 18 different games.

Lost Cities x 14
I think that the majority of these are RL games, and the rest from BSW. Actually, I don't even have a real Lost Cities set. I created a trial set by hand on plain paper, and then made it playable by backing the paper cards by putting them in cards sleeves together with some left-over Magic: the Gathering cards. Since everyone in the family enjoys this, perhaps it's time to get a real set.

Magic: The Gathering CCG (and expansions) x 14
These games are all played by me and Henrik. I can still count on winning more than 50%, but the percentage seems to be steadily shrinking...

Spank the Monkey x 11
This is the game that has so far been played the most during coffee break at work. I think me and Lisa has been in all the games, but 3-4 more people have tried at least one game. We're slowly reeling them in.

Rummikub x 9
This was a recent (mid-October) thrift store find that everyone in the family turned out to like, so this has been played quite a bit.

Carcassonne x 5
In spite of what I wrote in http://boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcomment..., I still like Carcassonne. I'd like to try some of the expansions, though.

Digimon Digi-Battle Card Game x 2
This game seems to be created by someone wanting to make some money off the Pokémon CCG craze. I don't know if they manage to make any money, but I can't say I like the game. Henrik got me to play a couple of games, but I'll try to avoid it in the future. Like Pokémon, it involves evolving critters from one stage to the next, but it seems very hard to actually manage to get anywhere.

Fox and Geese x 2
This is of course a classic game, but it felt like it was difficult for the sheep to get anywhere. Henrik and I each won when playing the wolves.

Settlers of Catan, The x 2
This is a another game that we quite like, but since we've had it longer it gets to stand back a little when newer games come along. Also, many of the games above it on the list are two-player games (or at least played as two-player games).

Booktastic! x 1
This is like a cross between Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit, approximately, themed about books. I've only played it this once yet and would happily play it again as soon as I can find someone to try it with. The problem from a Swedish (or even European) point of view is that most of the questions are about contemporary (very contemporary) American literature.

Cape Horn x 1
This was a first for today. I like it, and that's not only because I won.

DVONN x 1
We tried this during one coffee break at work with a home-made board. Playing with different types of coins was not ideal, and also there were a couple of rules issues that I couldn't answer right then. I'll try it again after reading up some more.

Expedition x 1
Another first for today. I like this as well, even though I got nowhere close to winning. For some reason, nobody else felt like travelling to Antarctica where one of my open cards was.

Mah-Jongg x 1
This actually wasn't a complete game, but I'm listing it anyway since it took an entire family gaming night.

Mermaid Rain x 1
This is another rather new game that I quite like, even though the setup is a bit more complicated than I'd like. Expecially since the rules are in Japanese which I can't read. I'll have to make a better player aid about the setup.

Nya ordjakt x 1
Ordjakt x 1
These two games are actually almost the same. They are both word-creation games, and Nya ordjakt is just a newer edition of the other. I haven't actually been able to log the Nya ordjakt play yet, since my submission of that game hasn't been approved yet, but I'm listing it here anyway.

Pokemon x 1
This is the Pokémon CCG, which Henrik finally got me to play. Having played Magic: the Gathering quite a bit, I must say that this seems to be a rather nice game. I'll definitely play it more times. Unfortunately, Henrik has the edge on me since he knows all the Pokémon and their abilities by heart...

Yahtzee x 1
This is a classic that get's brought out now and then. I actually quite enjoy it, even though it's so simple. Or perhaps because it's so simple?

Summary: 69 plays, 18 different games, 8 new games.
New games: Rummikub, Digimon Digi-Battle Card Game, Booktastic!, Cape Horn, DVONN, Expedition, Nya ordjakt, Pokemon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.