Subject: Eleventh Doctor - Meeting Amy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm attempting another campaign using Adventures that mirror the current Doctor on television.

So my Eleventh Doctor is Brains 12, Brawn 5, Bravery 9 (Aware, Charisma, Computers, Gloating, Pilot, Running, Science, Thief)

He starts with a sonic screwdriver and his first Adventure was a426 - a rural earth village (like Leadworth in 'Eleventh Hour') but I'm changing it to Post modern Era 2010 and the automatic Character/Companion event will, naturally, be Amy Pond.

I'm giving Amy Brains 5, Brawn 4, Bravery 6 (Aware, Charisma, Running, Thief) and like Rose and Martha before her will automatically become a Companion when encountered and garners you 2 Luck points plus a chance for a Plot event.

Anyway, after a false start of a few turns when I landed, met Amy and got TOTALLY thrashed by some Weeping Angels (how appropriate!) who stole my TARDIS for good measure, I finally managed a whole and successful Adventure.

Landing in the village after my regeneration, I decided to relax a little. But being just totally full of regeneration energy I quickly got bored and starting casting about looking for trouble.

I certainly found it with the discovery of a dead body in the cemetery. Checking for clues on how the poor soul dies I tried investigating and encountered the Jassra.

(The Jassra is an original creation of my own as an Enemy)

This embodiement of evil just cackled a bleak prophecy at me before vanishing in a cloud of vapour. 'Bleak Prophecy' is a real stinker of an event starting off. I lost 3 Luck points straight away and gained Victim! This regeneration could be over befor it begins...

I decided to seek some infornation by using the computer in the library and found out that several crpses had gone missing - the Jassra was using dead bodies to house itself (The Dead Shall Walk)

I decide to take a brief soujorn in the local pub but a scream from outside lets me find Amy pond in front of the Jassra!

(This is a new tweak - if you get e002 on your first Adventure without a Companion then you get e002d - Someone in Danger. This mirrors how you usually meet a Companion (see Rose etc) when they are running from something nasty!

Anyway, Amy proves to be brave and resist the Jassra's advances. back to researching on the computer and we find some more information on the Jassra that could help us defeat it. Whilst there we also encounter local teacher Louisa James who helps us out and becomes our Ally.

A sudden crash through the window reveals 2 Jassran ghouls - nasty undead creatures that the Jassra wants to create...we decide to leg it!

A deadly game of hide and seek around the village follows as we try to evade the ghouls yet find out more information on our foe.

We do manage to hide from some ghouls and follow them to the cemetery where we observe a secret 'becoming' ceremony. Things are looking decidedly nasty...

Avoiding more ghouls, Amy gets separated from Louisa and I, and I know we are running out of time... to make matters worse night falls..

In the nick of time, I pull a cunning plan out of the bag and we defeat the Jassra!

Amy joins me in the TARDIS (hopefully for some snogging...) as we depart for our next Adventure!

(Incidentally, stats and cards used for Doctor 11 and Amy are on the Ally Labels 2 Play Aid... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd bump up amy's brains a bit more. We haven't seen much of her, and she's already set herself apart as one of the most resourceful and intelligent companions we've seen thusfar. She's already a favorite of mine, and not just because we're both scottish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I'd bump up amy's brains a bit more. We haven't seen much of her, and she's already set herself apart as one of the most resourceful and intelligent companions we've seen thusfar. She's already a favorite of mine, and not just because we're both scottish.

Yes, I'm an Amy fan too. I'm going to go with Brains 5 at the moment, however, if you check her Character card she has the 'Quick thinking' personality...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.