Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Lewis
United States
Grosse Pointe Farms
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else having trouble with their registrations? I cannot get people by phone or email to help, even though I cannot access 3 of my 4 prepaid registrations, and the one that I can access shows unpaid.
I am so disappointed and want to access my badge!!!arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never been able to understand the Origins website or it's approach to organizing what an attendee should buy, has bought, when, where, why, or otherwise. The site seems to be a cluster of 10 people all adding removing stuff on a whim.

For example, CABS has the game room but you need a badge to get into it. Where is that even mentioned on the site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just logged onto the site and was able to access my badge with no problem. Just waiting for event registration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I mailed my registration and I have nothing. No confirmation, no way to access it. I guess I'll just show up and see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Lewis
United States
Grosse Pointe Farms
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers: I guess we're in the same boat. I'm concerned about my "prepayment" that's not applied to the one badge of 4 that we can "see".
No response by phone/email is so disappointing. All I want to be is excited about Origins, not this! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Lewis
United States
Grosse Pointe Farms
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record, I called again yesterday and was finally able to talk to someone who helped sort everything out, including making sure payment was applied! Maybe it depends on who answers the phone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
kaysewill wrote:
Just for the record, I called again yesterday and was finally able to talk to someone who helped sort everything out, including making sure payment was applied! Maybe it depends on who answers the phone.

May I ask what number you called? I'm failing to find a contact phone# on the origins website.

(Cashed check + no badge + no response to emails = somewhat concerned first-time attendee.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Lewis
United States
Grosse Pointe Farms
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darker: I will find it & send you a separate message!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick S
United States
Copley
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darker, the phone number is on the GAMA website www.gama.org

I've been having problems accessing my badges - all of my family members used the same e-mail account and have the same last name. The solution was to use different accounts for everyone (work, junk accounts, etc). The folks at GAMA quickly changed e-mail accounts and sent me confirmation e-mails. I can now access all of my accounts.

Best luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having similar frustration. But I don't want to give Origins emails for my two younger children. They've displayed, so far, that they're security plan is weak.

Am I naïve to think that it's sloppy organization that won't let me use the same email for more than one registrant? It just seems like anyone who took the time to think about it would realize that there might be problems.

WMReed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lukac
United States
McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are slow to respond and it make take repeated emails on your part, but hang in there. I too am frustrated by their continual (annual it seems) lack of knowledge on how to run an efficient website. I too would like to add a board game room ribbon, but it is not yet available. It is only four weeks from the event, and still no access to all the ribbons? Please, spend the money to upgrade the website and registration process soon!

On the other hand, I so enjoy the time spent there that it almost overrides completely the exasperation of getting registered. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Newhausen
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jlukac wrote:
It is only four weeks from the event, and still no access to all the ribbons? Please, spend the money to upgrade the website and registration process soon!

I thought this *was* the upgraded website...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just announced on the Origins Facebook page by GAMA:

Origins announces the opening of Event Registration for Origins Game Fair 2010. You can begin registering for events at the following times: Tabletops – Wednesday, May 26 at Noon Eastern TimeRole-playing – Thursday, May 27 at Noon Eastern TimeAll other events – Friday, May 28 at Noon Eastern Time.

More detailed information will be posted on the registration page of the web site before the events go live as this year’s registration process is significantly different from what you have experienced in previous years.

They have updated the event spreadsheets to version 3. This contains many more events including the Magic: The Gathering events.

They have also published the Pre-Reg book for download.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.