Hide
10 Posts

Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enslave - "..decrease his population.." ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Titus
msg tools
Enslave - "Make a rival decrease his population...". Does this mean that the player has to move one of the yellow tokens from the yellow bank to the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it means you take a yellow token that is part of your population, the unused worker pool or a building/unit/farm/mine on a tech card, and place it back into your yellow token bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
ADTI_78 wrote:
Enslave - "Make a rival decrease his population...". Does this mean that the player has to move one of the yellow tokens from the yellow bank to the box?

Decrease population means a used/unused yellow token goes back to the yellow bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ADTI_78 wrote:

Look under "Resolving Events" on page 12 of the rules. I know it is slightly confusing place to look since this is an aggression and not an event, but it uses the same rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Titus
msg tools
Ok, one follow up question: Is the population decreased by one, as many as the defeated player chooses or the strength difference between the attacker and the defender? I guess the strength difference is only used for the war cards but are unsure of the other alternatives.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strength difference is never used (as far as I can remember) to resolve aggression cards. Other than actually to figure out the winner of course. If it just says to "decrease population" and it doesn't specify an amount, I'm pretty sure it defaults to 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As John says, the result of an Aggression is that you either succeed or fail. The strength difference is irrelevant, just whether it is positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I hope it's okay to ask this here.
Enslave also says

"Your civilization produces three rocks" Does this mean they come from your own supply to your mine? or are they added from the box to your supply? If they are added from your supply to your mine, they will count against corruption if not use, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hall
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aiken Drum wrote:
I hope it's okay to ask this here.
Enslave also says

"Your civilization produces three rocks" Does this mean they come from your own supply to your mine? or are they added from the box to your supply? If they are added from your supply to your mine, they will count against corruption if not use, correct?

There is no difference between your "supply" and the rocks your mines produce. Anytime you add rocks you add them to your mine techs. So if all you have is Bronze you add 3 blue tokens to bronze. If you had an Iron discovered (you don't even need a worker on it) then one blue token becomes Iron and a 2nd becomes a bronze.

So yes, it counts towards corruption.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
okay, thanks for the quick reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.