4 Posts

Phase 10» Forums » Rules

Subject: Phase 10 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jehan M
msg tools
Hi everyone,

For those of you who are familiar with the cardgame, Phase 10, I have a question. (I hope this is the right forum)

Okay, so I know that after a player finishes their phase, they are allowed to hit to get rid of the rest of their cards. My question is, once you put that card down are you allow to pick it right back up and change the card to a different set?
For example, three people are playing and two finished their phase. The person who finished their phase wanted to hit the other finished player and they placed an 8 down on the other players but then realized that their 8 would work better for them in their own set instead, so they picked it back up to change it. Can they do that? Are they allowed to pick the card back up once they lay it on the table?
Thank you for whoever answers. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Frazier
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We play where once your hand is off the card and it (the card) is on the table (in a legal location), it stays there. No ctrl+z here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the same question you could ask of any game: Are you allowed to take back moves?

It's up to your group to decide to what extent you're willing to put up with take-backs. FWIW, most groups I play with would let a player change their move in a situation where the no other players have been impacted, like the scenario you describe above.

BTW, no, this is not the right forum. The correct forum is in the forum for Phase 10 itself. Specifically the rules forums. But I don't recommend you go ask there, for the reason I described above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved to Phase 10 » Forums » Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.