No Retreat!» Forums » Rules

Subject: cadre units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dar dar
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello,
today i tried to play with cadre units but i didn't really understand how to use it. At turn 3 the russian cadre enter in game and i put it in cadre box. in the 4th turn german destroied a russian unit. russian cadre have to enter now in the place where the russian destroied was? what if in the place where it was there is a german unit?
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Hung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cadre unit is good to fill in the hole of your defense line. In your last case, German unit cannot advance due to the presence of the cadre unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dar dar
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ahhh ok i understood thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ehung wrote:
Cadre unit is good to fill in the hole of your defense line. In your last case, German unit cannot advance due to the presence of the cadre unit.

A Cadre unit is also very useful for absorbing losses (the Soviets get lots of "EX" combat results) and for allowing units to be built back on the Front line (replacing the Cadres) without having to use a rail move (especially good for the Germans).

Of course if the combat result ended up in the enemy advancing and occupying the hex, then the cadre would have to be retreated, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.