Judit Szepessy
Canada
London
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently learning 1989 The Dawn of Freedom. I am fascinated how well the gameplay stimulates history. I love the cards, the tension, the different choices you have to make and the mechanics of the game.

This is the first CDG I have played and it seems it is a genre I will grow to like.
I also love area control games.

So I am looking for recommendations in this category. If you could include gaming time as well that would be great.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D L
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ? is the closest I can think of. It's not out yet though, but will be in August!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If area control is what you are looking for, and wish to look beyond TS, then I would recommend Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage and Washington's War. These do have additional game mechanics to capture the combat aspects of war, but for the most part, area control is the key to winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vee
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Campaign Manager 2008 and 1960: The Making of a President. Both are CDGs that use historical events as a theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Nauman
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I Stand
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.