Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been put in charge of door prizes for an event I am co-planning. The short version is that I want to make this more fun than the usual drawing names out of a hat. Thoughts?

My thought was to do something like a game table that I believe is done at Gathering of Friends and possibly BGG.con. Does anyone have more information regarding how these tables are run?

I know the request isn't very informative, but I am not totally sure what I am asking for as I have never attended a convention before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Darden
United States
Lake Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the Geekway, we give away prizes in three different ways:

1) Play and Win: People play the games all weekend long, and record when they've played a game, and who played it. On Sunday, we give them all away to someone who played em by random drawing.

2) Door Prizes. Put your name on a ticket, we draw that ticket, you win.

3) Early Bird. We give away a game in the morning to the faithful who show up early. We've drawn in the past for this, but this last time, we played Heads or Tails for it. Everyone stands up and puts their hands on their head or their tail (rear). I flip a coin, and the people who don't match the coin flip sit down. Continue until one person is standing and give them the prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
cbdarden wrote:
At the Geekway, we give away prizes in three different ways:

1) Play and Win: People play the games all weekend long, and record when they've played a game, and who played it. On Sunday, we give them all away to someone who played em by random drawing.

As a small game publisher I think Play to Win is great. Giving a game away via raffle is pure chance - good chance the game will go unplayed and end up in a math trade down the line

Play to win ensures the game gets some plays at the event and someone that was interested enough to try it out will get to take it home so its much more likely to get follow on plays.

And for attendees its also means you get a better chance to win a game that you want.

All in all its a great proposition for the convention, gamer and publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Altoona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.