Subject: Painting my Minis.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been on a 'quest' the last few months, now that my 2nd oldest boy (age 7) is showing an interest in Dungeon Crawler games.... my quest has been completing games I had by getting missing parts or whatnot, as well as purchase some of the less popular crawl games.

I normally don't paint minis, like with HeroQuest, they are just solid molded plastic, no assembly or painting required (for the most part), so I just left them be... but with Advanced HeroQuest, something about sprues, bases and shields needing to be glued, has inspired me to paint the minis.

There are a few nice examples here in the gallery, and after looking tonight, I decided to go for it and paint these babies.

Not to pat myself on the back too much, but I am an excellent painter, but it does take me an unusually long time to paint minis for some reason, other types of art I am lighting fast, but not painting minis.

Anyone here have any nicely painted minis not shown in the gallery that you can share pictures of? Before I start, I'd love to see more examples.

Thanks,
D.

Side Note: I think I am going to get some epicast cobblestone bases to put them on, sure it's $1 a base, but they will look nice and save a lot of time doing customized bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You won't regret resin bases.

Check out www.dragonforge.com also. Really nice, high quality stuff.

Need any tips, feel free to PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow Sean!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

There are some beautiful bases on there, I had been looking at Epicast, but these seem to have some better selections with more variety (10 different bases per set rather than just 5 for more variety).

Have you used them before? I am thinking of using the 25mm Sanctuary bases for the Advanced HeroQuest minis....

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bunch. Give me some time tonight and I'll snap some photos of miniatures on them, and one or two painted up.

I think Sanctuary actually might be new! I'm gonna have to order some of those myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super, I look forward to the photos! There are some awesome bases on that site.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey'John sheridan
Australia
Mt Richon
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hows the painting going are you still at it ? I am just getting started painting my AHQ miniatures the skaven its only been 20 years
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.