GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,948 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Space Hulk (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Wow, people need to grow up... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1: "Defies Description of a game. You won't catch me dead playing this. Clearly broken"

Having this opinion about SH is quite legal. Imo there is no point in fixing this and 7.124 is quite a fair rating for this game ..

Aaaaaaaand I agree with Mike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only a dilettante poseur would wear a rubber chicken on their head while performing the regal art of fartkazooing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reedo wrote:

What they did was legal...get over yourselves.

I'd have to say we're dealing with a classic case of projection, here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William W
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
More concerning is the fact that pseudo-anonymous ratings of game are making you angry. Does the game's rating on BGG have any measureable impact on your own enjoyment of the game? Relax and have fun... this is a forum about gaming for goodness sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
fartkazooing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
Reedo wrote:
I can only assume that the idiots "well-informed" individuals who rate SH3 a "1" b/c of how GW has supposedly injured us (through completely legal means, btw) will have all of their ratings invalidated due to the shill-protection system.

What a bunch of unthinking sheep.
Grow up.

Sticking a kazoo up your butt and a rubber chicken on your head while running around your house, fartkazooing "Another one bites the dust" is quite legal, but that doesn't mean anyone should do it.

Fixed that for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a certain irony in this thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reedo wrote:
I can only assume that the idiots "well-informed" individuals who rate SH3 a "1" b/c of how GW has supposedly injured us (through completely legal means, btw) will have all of their ratings invalidated due to the shill-protection system.

What a bunch of unthinking sheep.
Grow up.

So.. you're the guy on the left, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One of these was inevitible really.

I rated the game a 1 *before* the GW C&D debacle and that rating still stands.

As I've stated in the @#$%&ing endless threads whinning about the precious ratings system. 90% of the BGGers havent a damn clue what it represents and seems 25% just want to make it into their personal little clique system just like some freak out over the Hotness list.

The ratings system is a gauge of a players enjoyment of a game. NOT the games value, bits, gloss or anything else. If someone dislikes a game and never intends to play it, then a 1 is valid. For them the game is broken.

As example: Just look at the myriad threads on Race for the Galaxy.

If a companies actions or even a groups actions have killed your enjoyment of a game then that certainly qualifies as both "broken" and "never going to play".

Now sit back and watch the 50+ pages of sniping to come.

Dormammu wrote:
There is a certain irony in this thread title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeDowd wrote:
...running around your house, fartkazooing "Another one bites the dust"

I'm afraid I don't know that one, could you perhaps hum a few bars? Oh, wait a moment...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Magalhães
Brazil
Olinda
Pernambuco
flag msg tools
Come on! It's Sci-Fi!
badge
Get Your Finger Out of My Face!! =D
mbmbmbmbmb
The important is.... Space Hulk is the best WARGAME ever made and the shit happen with Aldie´s vacation! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

gschmidl wrote:
MikeDowd wrote:
fartkazooing

I'm not weighing in on this this issue until my next pair of days off, but I LOVE the 'fartkazoo' comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
What a useful thread.

As a general reminder, users are always expected to express themselves in a courteous and respectful way. Geekdo policy is to issue a warning on a first offense and to follow future offenses with temporary posting suspensions of increasing length. Rather than responding to content that you find offensive, please consider flagging any offending posts as violations by using the icon. This serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Finally, in extreme circumstances you can hide all content posted by a user from your view by using the Hide User's Posts option in the menu found under the person's username. Please remember that making any public mention of who is on your Hide List is considered a zero tolerance offense.

Thanks!

Locked.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.