GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » General

Subject: Best way to find opponents for a PBEM game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the best way to find opponents for a PBEM game using ACTS and cyberboard?

I am currently in a game but want more.

Edit: based on replies, please consider this thread to be a thread organizing a game. Anyone up for a game of HIS? I have completed three games prior to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Recruit here or on the HIS board at CSW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Foulke
United States
Bethel Park
PA
flag msg tools
Welcome to Friedey's!
badge
You want fries with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I thought you said one game was enough!

I remember your email asking if I knew where to find pick-up PBEM games, and then I stumbled on this thread of yours, not realizing you were you. I was about to tell you about this thread of yours!

To answer your question, though, one straight-forward approach would be to scan this list (http://acts.warhorsesim.com/opponents/list.asp?filter=Here+I...) and send out email invites until you get 5 others. OK, you might need to be logged in to ACTS first for this link to work. Here's how to navigate: login, "Opponents Wanted list", then select "Here I Stand" from the drop-down

A more passive approach (nice for a passive guy like me) is to just subscribe to Here I Stand activity on the geek (http://boardgamegeek.com/rss/thing/17392) and keep an eye out for PBEM invites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy, I thought one game would be enough, but I was wrong. Our game runs at a pretty good clip, but I still want more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kleve
Norway
Bodoe
Nordland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to join a game of pbem HIS! Any spots still open?

I have played some 5 or 6 pbem-games of HIS using ACTS and CB. But the last finished in the Fall of 2008. But now I can't wait anymore. I've got to play HIS again! A bit rusty after the long pause, but eager to cross words and deeds again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karl, before you asked there were 5 spots open, now 4 if you're still interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kleve
Norway
Bodoe
Nordland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested. Ready to start whenever we've got the last four

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Silbey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also good to go... I don't want to spam the forum, but probably will try starting a thread with a better subject line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike R
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be glad to get in on another game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Kleve
Norway
Bodoe
Nordland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then there were three. Need three more. I can start a new looking for opponents-thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.