GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,032 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Question about Carcassonne rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan slaving
msg tools
I know this is prob linked somewhere else but i can't find it. i got Carcassonne a few weeks ago and me and the g/f love it. i was wondering what are the best expansions for the game and why? we loved the river expansion that came with it because it broke up the map for farm scoring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Search the Carcassonne game forum for expansions. There are many threads on this topic.

Here is one to get you started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Trzaskowski

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 expansions that are usually regarded to be best:

Inns & Cathedrals (must-have)
Traders & Builders

The opinions on other expasions are very different. As a rule of thumb - the older, the better, but your mileage may vary...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's Tony Ackroyd's poll on which expansions are best:

Which Expansion? - Carcassonne

And Matthew Harper's great complete summary of rules for all things Carcassonne: here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inns and Cathedrals is the must have. You don't really need anything else excpet maybe Traders and Builders. In my opinion adding too much just overcomplicates the game. The beauty of Carcassonne is it's simplicity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, as already has been suggested, Carcassonne: Expansion 1 – Inns & Cathedrals and Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders are considered the best of the expansions (indeed, a lot of players feel that Carcassonne should have 'Inns and Cathedrals' as standard). My personal favourite expansion is Carcassonne: Expansion 5 – Abbey & Mayor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincenzo Cappelleri
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
«God created Arrakis to train the faithful.» from "The Wisdom of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan
badge
«God created Arrakis to train the faithful.» from "The Wisdom of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all who has already answered: Inns & Cathedrals is absolutely a must have.
The Leader Meeple bring to the game a little bit more of strategy and the rules about the Inns and the Cathedral make you think about the long term effects of some choices building cities and streets...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.