GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Red November» Forums » Rules

Subject: The inevitable rules questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
OK. from the FAQ and rules it seems you get to escape from fire if you can, if you've failed to put it out, but passed out gnomes just die

but what if during the update phase, you draw "Fire", and randomly roll the fire to be in the room you are already in. Since it is beyond the action phase, you cannot try to put it out, nor have you failed. We played it as the gnome just dies, but wonder if the intent was to allow an escape move in that case too, since the gnome would see the fire ignite wouldnt he?

If in the updates phase the room you are in is on fire then you do not die (unless you have fainted in your turn), an alert gnome only dies by flooding or fire at the start of the updates phase (i.e they were trapped in the room and could not escape on their turn.) So by being in a room that catches fire or floods to high water you are ok and can try to escape in your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if a gnome enters a room on fire and fails to extinguish it, does he die?

I believe he would, wondering if I'm interpreting this wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ax Bits
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must have missed the rule where he has a chance to flee afterward. That makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Bennett
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mb
I would like to draw your attention to one of ldsdbomber's questions:

Quote:
If a timed event goes ON the rescue square, is it ignored, the rules say if it should be beyond rescued, but the timed events say when everyone is past that tile, so since you finish on 0, you never pass that square

I was wondering this same thing myself, we play as allowing it to be placed, but if you fail to fix it in time, you fail in the (literally) last minute.

How does everyone else play this?

Also, when drawing a timed event during the update phase, often I find myself in the following situation:

I use say ten minutes in my turn moving, fixing etc, and during my update phase I draw a timed event in the first minute or two, leaving me with no way to fix it before it expires as my time is already accounted for.

Is this normal or am I missing something? we currently play that it is considered "tough" if it happens and it's too late for anyone to do anything about it then we fail and put it down to bad luck.

There were a few other questions I had last time we played but I can't remember them right now, I am surprised enough that there are active threads regarding this game that I had never heard of until one day I found it while searching for a new game to try!.

Thank you for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Márton Divényi
Brazil
flag msg tools
On the fire, I don`t have the rules here right now, but I recall reading something about having to start AND end a turn in a room with fire to die (or to be passed out).
So if you moved into a room on fire and finished your turn on that room, you would not die, as you didn't start your turn in that room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Kikola
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martondvn wrote:
On the fire, I don`t have the rules here right now, but I recall reading something about having to start AND end a turn in a room with fire to die (or to be passed out).

Wrong. Read the above posts. If a gnome is in a room that is on fire at the start of the update phase, he dies. It doesn't matter where he started the turn.

You may be thinking of the rule for the sea space, where a gnome who begins and ends a turn outside the sub dies.

Quote:
So if you moved into a room on fire and finished your turn on that room, you would not die, as you didn't start your turn in that room.

No, if the fire isn't extinguished by the end of the player's action phase, the gnome is allowed a supplementary move to escape, but he will die if he cannot get out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.