GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can i "Fold" an split my tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today it was the first time i played this game with my BF, and we run into a coulpe of things. Most of my answers i found on BBG and DoW, but we still a bit confused about the following :

Can you "fold" and split remaining tiles over ur regions?

For example :

My BF had 10 elves. He used 4 to conquer my area (the bastard :D ) he used up 3 more to conquer a mountain area and he used 2 for an unoccupied area, wich left him with 1 tile.

Can he now make a choise to :

1) fight with the dice to attack another area
or
2) Fold, don't fight at all and put the remaining tile on one of his areas?

Or can he choose between those 2?

Maybe i overlooked something, but i couldn't find an explanation in the rules. It never says that you "must" fight, so thats why its so confusing i gues.. so i realy hope someone can help me on this issue.

Inka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can choose stop fighting at any point. Sometimes sacrificing an extra region this turn is worth it to make your pieces more defensible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inka van Helvoirt
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! :D
Its clear to me now.

Gonna try this game again this evening i think. So far, i like it a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inkydinky wrote:
Today it was the first time i played this game with my BF, and we run into a coulpe of things. Most of my answers i found on BBG and DoW, but we still a bit confused about the following :

Can you "fold" and split remaining tiles over ur regions?

For example :

My BF had 10 elves. He used 4 to conquer my area (the bastard ) he used up 3 more to conquer a mountain area and he used 2 for an unoccupied area, wich left him with 1 tile.

Can he now make a choise to :

1) fight with the dice to attack another area
or
2) Fold, don't fight at all and put the remaining tile on one of his areas?

Or can he choose between those 2?

Maybe i overlooked something, but i couldn't find an explanation in the rules. It never says that you "must" fight, so thats why its so confusing i gues.. so i realy hope someone can help me on this issue.

Inka

Don't forget that you get to redeploy all your pieces at the end of your turn for defensive purposes anyway, so while it MIGHT be worthwhile to skip conquering that last area, most of the time it won't be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really glad that the question wasn't:

"Can I fold a tile in half; split it and place half a tile on each of two different regions?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.