GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Feudal» Forums » General

Subject: Remembering which pieces have been moved rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this game at the thrift store, and my opponent and I really enjoyed our first three sessions.

I've read complaints that it's hard to remember which pieces you've moved in the middle of a turn. There's an easy solution to this problem: Turn all your pieces so they are facing your opponent. Then, during your turn, when you move a piece, turn it so it faces you. This makes strategies, etc., easier to comprehend as you can see which pieces are still eligible for moving with just a glance.

When your turn is over, turn every piece back toward your opponent, signifying that it's your opponent's turn.

So when your turn begins, all your pieces, which you can move, face away from you. All your opponents pieces, which you cannot move, face you. As you move pieces, they face you also, so that at any point, all the pieces facing away from you are eligible for moving, while all pieces facing you, both yours and your opponent's, are ineligible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a great idea!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually turn all mine towards me before I move any of them.. when they've moved I face them towards my enemy.. thus they are all looking at my opponent when I'm done.. I think it adds some intimidation ... all my army staring him down...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sniezek
United States
Dorchester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I actually came up with a similar system, but being lazy just decided not to turn them all back around at the end of the turn - I just note which way they all face at the start of the turn, and turn them all around the other way by the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.