GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,451 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Innovation» Forums » Variants

Subject: Exclamation point (variant technology card) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exclamation point:
Age 4 Green Technology.
Symbols: 3 Exclamation Points on the bottom.

Dogma effect:
(!): I DEMAND that you transfer a card with at least 3 exclamation points from your board to my score pile, if my top cards have more exclamation points than yours!!
(!): Draw a 4! Then if it is Gunpowder, meld it and activate its Dogma effect immediately!! Take that you f***ers who didnt cover up your Tower symbols!!!1!11one

(This is a humorous commentary on how practically every freaking sentance in the game ends with an exclamation point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
! points are used to mark demand effects. You'll notice they only appear there

We missed a number of them on the first printing, but this is corrected in the final edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there should be an expansion with "kind request" effects.

E.g.

CROWN Diplomacy (3) Purple
TOWER [icon] CROWN

CROWN: Would you be so kind as to transfer the highest card from your hand to my board, please? If you do, I guess you could participate in the second effect of this card?

CROWN: You may execute the non-demand, non-request effects of a top card on your board for yourself only, then score your top card of that card's color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
linoleum blownaparte
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bouncing off that idea, it WOULD be interesting to have cards that have sort of the reverse of a demand effect. The dogma lets each of your opponents execute a small action, but if any take the bait, you get a big bonus.

Like:

TRANSLATED MANUSCRIPTS (Age 4)
Bulb, Bulb, Coin
Bulb: I permit that you draw a 5! If you do, I choose a card in your score pile and put it in my hand!

Your opponents would have to think hard about who would benefit more from this cultural exchange

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
Maybe there should be an expansion with "kind request" effects.

CROWN: Would you be so kind as to transfer the highest card from your hand to my board, please?

That would be the Canadian version. But it needs more apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.