GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got this game and Battles of Napoleon: The Eagle and the Lion on my radar (not so much interested in CC:N) but will most definitely only get one. Anybody familiar with both games and can give an opinion on major differences or what makes one or the other a compelling buy if getting just one. The minis for both games look pretty good - NWV1 has 3 different sides available. NWV1 also seems to have alot more variety on scenarios and map situations with a further expansion in the works. Anyway, if anybody has looked at both game closely and can expand on differences - I'd be interested in what they think.

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same boat as you. I am looking at one or the other and since I already own Memoir and C&C:A I don't need another card driven game like that. I am not so much interested in what the different rules are, but want to know how each game plays and feels.

But from what I have been reading, they both have basic and advanced rules that give more detail to the troops and their abilities. I do not know how the differences will play out. To me it looks like they both could be very good, or they both may be overly gamey. The only way to know is to hear from a play tester.

Command System differences:

Battle of Napoleon has a more complicated command system. A player must issue commands via abstracted runners in order to change the set of orders that leaders and troops have (attack stance, defense stance, etc). If the "runners" cannot give the order to the leader, then the leader proceeds with the same commands as the previous turn.

The 100 Days has a roll the dice + add scenario specific conditions to determine Activation Points. Any troop can be activated to move, fire, or shock for a certain number of APs. Once out of APs, then the other player goes (UGOIGO).

Of course there are more specific differences then that, but that is what I know about the major differences in the overall command system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in both games, too. I'm not able to answer your question, but the rules of both games have been published on the Internet, so you just have to read them!
Bye!

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Mo wrote:
I've got this game and Battles of Napoleon: The Eagle and the Lion on my radar (not so much interested in CC:N) but will most definitely only get one. Anybody familiar with both games and can give an opinion on major differences or what makes one or the other a compelling buy if getting just one. The minis for both games look pretty good - NWV1 has 3 different sides available. NWV1 also seems to have alot more variety on scenarios and map situations with a further expansion in the works. Anyway, if anybody has looked at both game closely and can expand on differences - I'd be interested in what they think.

T-Mo

T-Mo, you inspired me to write a preview of the differences between Fantasy Flight, GMT, and Worthington's Napoleonic games! View the post at this location:
/article/5127853#5127853
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rfoth wrote:
T-Mo wrote:

T-Mo

T-Mo, you inspired me to write a preview of the differences between Fantasy Flight, GMT, and Worthington's Napoleonic games! View the post at this location:
/article/5127853#5127853

Thanks Richard!

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.