GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Pocket Battles: Celts vs. Romans» Forums » General

Subject: Reference card doesn't have all abilities on it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Celts reference card is missing a couple of traits that a couple of its Troops have

For example, the extra +1 wounds trait and extra +1 shooting die trait. These are on a couple troop cards but not on the Celts reference card.

I know that these are on the Romans reference card, but it's annoying not having it right in front of you, especially for new players.

Misprint or intentional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to assume it's a misprint. Send a note to the publisher; perhaps it will get fixed in any new printings. It would be even better if the publisher could make a PDF of the revised cards available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it was a misprint (and my fault, since I proofread the drafts). In the next set there will be a comprehensive player aid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
Yes, it was a misprint (and my fault, since I proofread the drafts). In the next set there will be a comprehensive player aid.

Hi Paolo,

Next set meaning 'Elves v Orcs', right? When will that be out in the UK?

Just sign me up now for all your expansions...

What is that whirling hypnotic trait on the elephants in the unofficial Punic army?

Great game

Regards,

Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:

Hi Paolo,

Next set meaning 'Elves v Orcs', right? When will that be out in the UK?

Just sign me up now for all your expansions...

What is that whirling hypnotic trait on the elephants in the unofficial Punic army?

Great game

Regards,

Fentum

Hi Fentum, thanks!

Orcs vs Elves has been announced for August..

About the Punic trait, you should ask Francisco on his specific thread. I didn't have the chance to play it yet, but I think it's something about "panic", and loss of control of elephants when they are wounded.

BTW, I love all your home made armies :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
[q="fentum"]

loss of control of elephants when they are wounded.

I find that a large wooden wedge plus a hammer can resolve that tricky situation.

Thanks Paolo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be an oversight, but you can see the Celtic traits card is pretty "full" already.

My suggestion for improvement would be to cover the traits in detail in the rules-- so you can say as much as you need to about them--and then have just brief, reminder text on the card, so you can fit more traits into the size you are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.