GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,265 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Troll and Toad had 3 copies of Ogre listed as player copy condition, in sandwich bags. For almost 40 bucks each.

I bought two thinking to play one and auction one for GG, seemed like a pretty solid plan.

So I waited over the weekend for an email from them that would tell me when my order was going to ship. Today I got an email stating how they had to apologize for an inventory error, and no ogre games for Damon.

I got my money back. But what I can't help but wonder is this, How does a supposedly professional board game retailer have an inventory error that not only causes an error on their inventory webpage, but also causes some sort of crazy error that puts games up for auction on ebay?

I would also like to point out that ogre was selling very well that day.

So, did Troll and Toad decide they weren't getting their monies worth and took a cowardly way of pulling their auction? only to resell the 2 ogres I purchased for twice as much at a later date? Or are they just stupid and enjoy angering first time customers?

At first I thought this retailer was very cool, I imagined myself doing business with them in the future. Now, not so much.

Great job running off a new customer Troll and Toad. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re: Troll and Toad, LIED TO ME!!!!!
Troll and Toad will list the same copy of a game on both their store site and their ebay store.

I purchased an OOP game from them recently thru their web site, that was listed on both sites, after my purchase the listing was pulled from ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked again and all 3 are back up on ebay with a listing of 3 days after the date listed for the copies I attempted to purchase.
I am just trying for one copy this time.
edited to add: the price is the same on the second listing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems a little strange. You buy, they tell you they don't have it, then they put up the same auctions again a few days later? Did they raise the price after that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
the price is the same, and I have emailed them asking if they are lying again. I did pay for another attempt to purchase however. I figure I don't lose anything if they are lying again, and I save time waiting on their reply, in case they aren't lying this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve mizuno
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simpledamon wrote:
Troll and Toad had 3 copies of Ogre listed as player copy condition, in sandwich bags. For almost 40 bucks each.

I bought two thinking to play one and auction one for GG, seemed like a pretty solid plan.

So I waited over the weekend for an email from them that would tell me when my order was going to ship. Today I got an email stating how they had to apologize for an inventory error, and no ogre games for Damon. :(

I got my money back. But what I can't help but wonder is this, How does a supposedly professional board game retailer have an inventory error that not only causes an error on their inventory webpage, but also causes some sort of crazy error that puts games up for auction on ebay?

I would also like to point out that ogre was selling very well that day.

So, did Troll and Toad decide they weren't getting their monies worth and took a cowardly way of pulling their auction? only to resell the 2 ogres I purchased for twice as much at a later date? Or are they just stupid and enjoy angering first time customers?

At first I thought this retailer was very cool, I imagined myself doing business with them in the future. Now, not so much.

Great job running off a new customer Troll and Toad. :angry:

Your post is not clear about HOW you purchased the games. Was this an auction on Ebay? Or was it through their website? Or their Ebay store?

If you purchased it through Ebay at all, I would probably complain to Ebay, especially since they then listed the game again. I generally don't like the clutter they cause in the listings at ALL, so while I probably would not complain if this happened to me from some other organization, they really push the envelope, and there should be some sort of repercussion for this sort of thing. If Ebay receives enough complaints about them, some sort of action will be taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely imaginary chat involving two anonymous employees at the Troll & Toad:

Employee One: I just had to cancel an order from a customer, that ordered Ogre. I told you that I had made a reservation for the last copies.

Employee Two: What? Why? I just received a new batch of games, and we received another three copies.

Employee One: Really? Damn. Should I get back to that customer?

Employee Two: You could do that... But on the other hand, we should have no trouble selling them, and he has probably already gone looking for them somewhere else.

Morale of story: Don't call people liers until you know for a fact, that they actually lied to you. Mistakes do happen, and assuming they are actually trying to run a profitable business, I doubt they decline selling it to one customer, just to sell it for the same price to some other customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have pointed out it seems like more info is needed before you label them liars.

T&T has been nothing but awesome and good to me and I will continue to purchase from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
simpledamon wrote:
Great job running off a new customer Troll and Toad. angry

simpledamon then wrote:
I did pay for another attempt to purchase however.

So now does you saying that they ran off a new customer make you a liar? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
good question. I have a hard time answering that, as I do not want to lie.
I am still trying to buy the same item, so I think that counts in my defense as me not lying, but, you're right about me not really being run off.
devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought it here http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...:MEWNX:IT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just call them and ask? (606) 546-4590 . Seriously, their number is right there on their homepage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I called troll and toad, I must say, they are very professional over the phone. In some dark warehouse there is a person trying to figure out where ogre is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
UA Darth had a pretty good idea about calling troll and toad. I am glad I did.They found Ogre! the copies were apparently hidden on a wrong shelf. Once found, I was promptly telephoned, notified that I would be getting my copy, and got ten dollars off my order. Ten dollars is a substantial subtraction from the initial price of the game. I am pleased with this business interaction, yet wish that there had not been so much trouble involved on the road to get here.

Troll and Toad has more than rectified my ill feelings. I will call first if I ever do business with them again.

Damon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the OP can edit this thread's title to reflect that this matter has been resolved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that a direct communication with the retailer resolved the issue. I had always assumed the best way to resolve a complaint was to post a thread on a third-party website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I could see how that might be shocking, but due to a combination of counter-transference, post-traumatic stress disorder, general laziness and reliance on perceptually anonymous communication of modern day technology, I dislike talking on the phone. Thanks for being shocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.