GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Le Havre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Construction vs Buying rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just applying common sense to the rules but wanted to make sure I'm playing right.

Unbuilt buildings (in the 3 stacks) can only be built by using a construction building action, and paying the resource cost. You then place the building in your tableau.

You can not pay cash for an unbuilt building.

All ready built buildings including the following;
Starting buildings, building built by the town, and sold buildings owned by the town. Can only be added to your tableau by paying thier cost in francs (ie they've already been built).

Is this correct?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are allowed to buy buildings from the 3 stacks if you wish too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You can always buy the available buildings instead of building them. The available buildings are those on top of the three building rows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can buy buildings and ships too. It's why the Joinery is there for 3+ players in my assessment.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I guess in my mind reading francs can't be used for materials only for food, got warped into you had to build buildings with materials not cash.

Is construction also limited to only the top 3 of the piles?

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
Thanks all. I guess in my mind reading francs can't be used for materials only for food, got warped into you had to build buildings with materials not cash.

Thanks again

You can buy any buildings available in the town. You can buy the top 3 on the piles. You cannot buy buildings that are buried. You can also buy the top ship. Once the top ship has been bought, the next ship (if there is one) is then available to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:

Thanks again

Yes, only the top three buildings in the stacks are immediately available. However, once exposed and if appicable you can also get the next one too in the same turn. (Buy it or perhaps you are in the build 2 construction firm).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the question has been answered, but I thought I may as well jump in and clarify:

It isn't the top 3 of the piles that are available, it is the top card on each of the 3 piles that is available

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.