Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Mailing trading cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaime Montiel
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
After six years I'm finally going to auction off my collection of Magic cards on eBay.

What is the best way to mail trading cards so they don't get jostled too badly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frantz
United States
Wenatchee
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
here's what I did...
I just sold off a bunch of cards (dual lands mostly) and I used CD mailers from Staples. They were quite stiff, with slight padding inside. I sleeved the cards then put them in the mailer with a CD for extra protection/reinforcement. For the really valuable batches (4 dual lands) I would put two CD's in with the cards sandwiched by them. It worked great.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
When I've mailed stuff like this, I've used regular manila envelopes, but I put the cards in baggies and sandwich & tape them between two pieces of corrugated cardboard for reinforcement. I've only done this a few times, but no one ever said that the cards didn't make it safely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MTG Ninja
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
if you're mailing singles use top-loaders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Montiel
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm talking about mailing a whole bunch. Somewhere in the order of 500 cards at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.