GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,482 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Thanks to GamesSurplus.com and TimeWellSpent.com! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to thank both Thor at GamesSurplus.com, and David at TimeWellSpentGames.com, for outstanding customer service rendered to me recently.

GamesSurplus has some incredibly good deals on ding & dent games, if a little box damage doesn't make you cringe, and I spotted the extremely hard to get A la carte going for a great price with a "noticeable" ding & dent. I wrote to Thor last week to ask him the specifics on the damage, and mentioned that I couldn't order until Monday. Thor volunteered to pull the game (the last copy) out of inventory for me for the weekend, until I could pull together a game order! Wow! That's really going above and beyond in my book. That game, and others, will now reach me on Thursday! thumbsup

I went to order Keltis: Das Orakel from TimeWellSpent recently, but just missed getting a copy, so I wrote to owner David Jones to ask him if they were going to get more sometime soon. He wrote back to say it's on backorder but he wasn't sure how long it would take. A couple days later he wrote to say that someone canceled their order, freeing up a copy, and if I wanted it, it was mine! WOW!! Again, above and beyond the expected in customer service quality! That game, along with a few others, was quickly on its way to me as well! I've played it a couple times now and love it! thumbsup

So thank you very much to Thor at GamesSurplus.com, and to David at TimeWellSpentGames.com! You guys are doing an outstanding job in a difficult economy! thumbsup thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Let's Play Two!
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always experienced great service from both GS and TWS too -- both are among the first places I check whenever I'm putting together a game order. Kudos to both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamesurplus ding and dent is a SECRET. Please refrain from broadcasting this to the Boardgamegeek community.

Everyone that read this post, look up at this red light . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mehlhoff
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another THUMB for David at TWS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
it's timewellspent.org or timewellspentgames.com

...and yes, a microbadge is available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
it's timewellspent.org or timewellspentgames.com

Thanks! I knew they changed their name, but I forgot what the .com one was. I'll make the correction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
Gamesurplus ding and dent is a SECRET.

In case anyone is wondering, here's the GamesSurplus ding & dent that saved me $10:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.